DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plastic Resin Glue (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/146163-plastic-resin-glue.html)

Ajax February 24th 06 02:01 AM

Plastic Resin Glue

Does anyone have a good source for plastic resin glue? Our local
WoodCraft store does not carry it.

TIA

Rich February 24th 06 02:13 AM

Plastic Resin Glue

I get mine at true value or ace. should be one near you.

Ajax February 24th 06 05:58 AM

Plastic Resin Glue

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 02:13:12 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

I get mine at true value or ace. should be one near you.

"Ajax" wrote in message
.. .

Does anyone have a good source for plastic resin glue? Our local
WoodCraft store does not carry it.

TIA

I never thought of True Value or Ace Hardware. I have at least two of
them right here in town.

Thanks

Ajax February 25th 06 06:37 AM

Plastic Resin Glue

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:24:54 GMT, "Preston Andreas"
wrote:

Some of the local borgs carry it also.

What is a local borg?

Preston
.. .
wrote:

I get mine at true value or ace. should be one near you.

.. .

J T February 25th 06 07:51 AM

Plastic Resin Glue

Fri, Feb 24, 2006, 12:58am (Ajax) doth admit:
OI never thought of True Value or Ace Hardware.

So we thought.

JOAT
If you have something to say, raise your hand.
Then shove it in your mouth.

Preston Andreas February 26th 06 01:28 AM

Plastic Resin Glue

Started years ago in this newsgroup. Refers to the borgs in Star Trek that
would come in and assimilate everything around it. It is similarly ascribed
to big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes.

Preston

wrote:

Some of the local borgs carry it also.

What is a local borg?

Preston
.. .
wrote:

I get mine at true value or ace. should be one near you.

.. .

Renowood February 27th 06 05:32 PM

Plastic Resin Glue

Just bought some at my local Ace hardware $5.99 for a qt. You can
order larger containers and pick up locally at,

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...c+resin+gl ue

Renowood

George E. Cawthon February 28th 06 12:48 AM

Plastic Resin Glue

wrote:
While we're on the subject, I have a question about that stuff. I've
used it once and I'm still experimenting, but I know I used the amount
of water I was supposed to, and even a little bit more, but it was
still really thick and pasty.

Is that something that usually happens, that you have to use enough
water to give it the right consistency, and often it's different than
what the label says, or did I get a bad batch or do something wrong or
something?

So far, the piece we glued up is holding up just fine. The glue just
didn't behave the way I expected it to.

I've only used the Weldwood brand of Plastic Resin
Glue and it does not behave that way. Plastic
resin glue is known for being thin and requires a
good fit as it is not a gap filler. When mixed as
directed my plastic resin glue is about the same
consistency as a new bottle of children's white glue.