DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bed (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/145828-bed.html)

Warren Weber February 22nd 06 03:41 AM

Bed

My first try at making a bed. Photos on ABPW.

Oleg Lego February 22nd 06 05:11 AM

Bed

The "Warren Weber" hiview68NO entity posted
thusly:

My first try at making a bed. Photos on ABPW.

You mentioned that you used two sheets of oak-veneered ply to get oak
both sides. Is this cheaper than getting oak-veneered ply that is good
both sides?

What thickness oak ply did you use?

Nice job.

marc rosen February 22nd 06 11:40 AM

Bed

Hey Oleg,
(Not intending to hilack this thread, just offering my own experience)
When I was buying oak faced ply many years ago I found several
varieties that were a/c faced and it was cheaper to sandwich two of
those than to buy a sheet of 3/4 a/a face ply.
Marc

Warren Weber February 22nd 06 07:42 PM

Bed

"Oleg Lego" wrote in message
The "Warren Weber" hiview68NO entity posted
thusly:

My first try at making a bed. Photos on ABPW.

You mentioned that you used two sheets of oak-veneered ply to get oak
both sides. Is this cheaper than getting oak-veneered ply that is good
both sides?

What thickness oak ply did you use?

Nice job.

Used 1/4 inch. In this small town I was happy to find that. WW

Warren Weber February 22nd 06 07:43 PM

Bed

"marc rosen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Oleg,
(Not intending to hilack this thread, just offering my own experience)
When I was buying oak faced ply many years ago I found several
varieties that were a/c faced and it was cheaper to sandwich two of
those than to buy a sheet of 3/4 a/a face ply.
Marc

Used 1/4 inch ply. WW