DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electric Coping Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/145549-electric-coping-saw.html)

Matt Zack February 20th 06 04:46 AM

Electric Coping Saw

Has anyone any recommendation for an electric coping saw? I saw one on TV a
month or so ago, and I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
The closest that I have found is the old Dremel Moto Saw, which looks
nothing like the one I saw on TV.
The one that I saw looked like a small Sawzall with a barrel handle and it
looked like it used a jig saw blade to cut with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Matt

Josh February 20th 06 05:31 AM

Electric Coping Saw

Matt Zack wrote:
Has anyone any recommendation for an electric coping saw? I saw one on TV a
month or so ago, and I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
The closest that I have found is the old Dremel Moto Saw, which looks
nothing like the one I saw on TV.
The one that I saw looked like a small Sawzall with a barrel handle and it
looked like it used a jig saw blade to cut with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Matt

It's not exactly what you've described, but here's something similar.
Basically a little baby jigsaw.

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares...oduct&ID=15226

Josh

Matt Zack February 20th 06 05:36 AM

Electric Coping Saw

Josh - That would be a little weak for what I am looking for. I will be
using it to cope 6 inch oak baseboard and other things like that. The one
you pointed out is basically for model building.
Thanks for looking.

Dhakala February 20th 06 09:27 AM

Electric Coping Saw

Steve DeMars wrote:
Check out the below link . . . .

www.speedcope.com

My GAWD! That is the worst Web site I've ever seen!

Paul Franklin February 20th 06 10:35 AM

Electric Coping Saw

On 19 Feb 2006 21:31:40 -0800, "Josh" wrote:

Matt Zack wrote:
Has anyone any recommendation for an electric coping saw? I saw one on TV a
month or so ago, and I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
The closest that I have found is the old Dremel Moto Saw, which looks
nothing like the one I saw on TV.
The one that I saw looked like a small Sawzall with a barrel handle and it
looked like it used a jig saw blade to cut with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Matt

Here's a coping foot that replaces the baseplate on many jigsaws.
Haven't used it myself, but there is a review or two linked on the
site.

http://www.collinstool.com/base.php?...oping_foot.htm

HTH,

Paul

Matt Zack February 20th 06 10:52 AM

Electric Coping Saw

That looks pretty good. Have you ever used one of these?
It is not what I had seen on TV, but it looks like it would be very helpful.
The price seems a little high for such a simple jig, it would be $204 US
delivered.
But it makes the whole job look easy.

Matt Zack February 20th 06 11:01 AM

Electric Coping Saw

Thanks Paul. That is another way of doing it. I guess there is more than one
way to address this job.

DanG February 20th 06 11:53 AM

Electric Coping Saw

Collins tools replacement jig saw foot. Make sure you look at his
other tools. I use the foot and the miter clamps. These are
carpenter tools invented by a carpenter.
http://www.collinstool.com/base.php?page=tools.htm
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)