DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Ping JT (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/144217-ot-ping-jt.html)

Ed Ahern February 10th 06 08:40 PM

OT Ping JT

I may be slow, I am not a "cupcake" nor a "buttercup" and it has only been
in the last year that I figured out how to "Google" newsgroups.

You are right about looking it up yourself, but please be kind to the "net
Handicapped"

Ed Ahern

--
Atlantis is only a myth if you haven't been there

[email protected] February 11th 06 06:22 PM

OT Ping JT

You know Ed, I just posted something along these lines on the hvlp
topic going a few topics up or down from here. I didn't realize that
some of the newsreaders and browser options don't make this readily
available or an easy to find options.

I say - post away - that's how we all learn. Just like me not
realizing that people didn't know the archives were searchable. Hell,
I just figured everyone knew that, and since it is sometimes much less
painful to search than it is to ask a question here, I figured everyone
that didn't search first was asking for it.

See what I learned today?

Robert

mac davis February 11th 06 08:17 PM

OT Ping JT

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:40:12 -0500, "Ed Ahern" wrote:

I may be slow, I am not a "cupcake" nor a "buttercup" and it has only been
in the last year that I figured out how to "Google" newsgroups.

You are right about looking it up yourself, but please be kind to the "net
Handicapped"

Ed Ahern

Ed.. first, let me apologize for responding to a PING to someone else..

IMHO, newsgroups are a place to get info, search engines are a good place to
find newsgroups that you like...
It's my feeling that most folks subscribe to this NG to either learn, help or in
a lot of cases, do both...

If you have a question, ask it... don't worry about it being asked before...
very few people are going to have an "original" question..

You WILL get some folks that will respond to your post with something like "go
look it up".. try to ignore them, as most of us will either try to answer your
question or not reply if we can't help.. YMWV

Mac

J T February 12th 06 02:40 AM

OT Ping JT

Fri, Feb 10, 2006, 3:40pm rnet (Ed*Ahern) doth
mumble:
I may be slow, I am not a "cupcake" nor a "buttercup" and it has only
been in the last year that I figured out how to "Google" newsgroups.
You are right about looking it up yourself, but please be kind to the
"net Handicapped"

Heh. When I first saw the subject, I thought you were pingin me.
But, as I don't ever recall calling "anyone" "cupcake", and the only one
I recall calling "Buttercup" in a great long while is Buttercup. So,
unless you are actually "Buttercup", you must be referring to JT, and
not me. If you don't believe me, look it up.

JOAT
Don't believe everything you think.

J T February 12th 06 02:44 AM

OT Ping JT

Sat, Feb 11, 2006, 10:22am (EST-3) doth mumble:
snip Just like me not realizing that people didn't know the archives
were searchable. Hell, I just figured everyone knew that, and since it
is sometimes much less painful to search than it is to ask a question
here, I figured everyone that didn't search first was asking for it.
snip

But didn't post the link.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...g&lr =&num=30

Ed Ahern February 12th 06 06:03 PM

OT Ping JT

I have added link to favorites. Thank you

Ed Ahern

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...dworking&lr =

J T February 14th 06 04:09 PM

Was OT Ping JT - Now The Buttercup Stops By

Tue, Feb 14, 2006, 5:56am (EST+5) (2006.2265.266) doth
burble:
See no matter what you do you'll always be the jerkoffofalltrades! eh
limpdickone?

Well, well, well, it's Buttercup. Buttercup, Buttercup,
Buttercup, poor, sad, little Buttercup. Hey everyone, it's that poor,
sad, dorky, little troll, Buttercup, again. Still no personality, eh?
Or, you just low on meds again? I see, as usual, you've nothing to say,
and can't wait to say it. Still not making much sense either - you
really, "really", should read what you type, before you hit the send
key, because, no matter what you may think, most of your drivel is
really "way" stupid. By the way, what grade are you in now? Remember,
eat recycled food, and have a nice next life. Everyone wave now, and
say buh bye to Buttercup.

JOAT
I'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?

Chuck Taylor February 14th 06 05:59 PM

Was OT Ping JT - Now The Buttercup Stops By

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:09:44 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Everyone wave now, and say buh bye to Buttercup.

I wish we could. But people keep replying to the twit and encouraging
him to keep coming back.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/