Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
W Canaday

Default Used mini / midi lathe wanted

A fellow I work with has decided that he would like to make pens, too.
However he has neither a lathe nor an internet connection so he asked me
to scout out an inexpensive lathe for him. He lives in Detroit.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
SBO

Why not a brand new one with a warranty? It is not very expensive.

http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=204547

S.B.

"W Canaday" a écrit dans le message de news:
A fellow I work with has decided that he would like to make pens, too.
However he has neither a lathe nor an internet connection so he asked me
to scout out an inexpensive lathe for him. He lives in Detroit.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Bill

Bill google Home Depot they have the Delta midi lathe for $269.99 or
you can go to a home depot in Canada and pick one up for $299.--.
Trying to find a used mini is going to be hard, the little Delta and
Jet midi lathes are wanted all over and most people who have one keep
them even when they upgrade to larger lathes.
The real small pen lathes are just that, pen lathes can't turn anything
bigger and not even very good for pens, accessories are not easy to get
etc.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
bf

W Canaday wrote:
A fellow I work with has decided that he would like to make pens, too.
However he has neither a lathe nor an internet connection so he asked me
to scout out an inexpensive lathe for him. He lives in Detroit.

Bill

Someone just posted a used jet mini lathe with accessories for $200 in
this group.

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Bob Schmall

W Canaday wrote:
A fellow I work with has decided that he would like to make pens, too.
However he has neither a lathe nor an internet connection so he asked me
to scout out an inexpensive lathe for him. He lives in Detroit.

Bill

Bill: See my ad a few posts doen from yours, then ping me.

Bob Schmall

Mini Hobby Lathe??? Gregg Woodworking 4 February 16th 05 06:37 AM
wanted, 12 or 14" lathe, or some help and ideas [email protected] Metalworking 11 January 19th 05 06:03 PM
Wilton Mini Lathe Sherfey's Woodturning 4 December 27th 04 11:55 PM
craftsman 109.20630 mini lathe -- my first lathe!! yay!! drew j. Metalworking 5 November 22nd 03 12:46 AM
Midi lathe problem, continued Woodturning 1 July 10th 03 11:05 PM