DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sanding disc dispenser (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/143511-sanding-disc-dispenser.html)

[email protected] February 5th 06 06:49 PM

Sanding disc dispenser

Within the last couple of months, while scanning the woodworking mags
at the local Barnes & Noble, I came across a project that was a slick
dispenser for sanding discs used on RO sanders. It utilized a set of
dowels, so all you needed to do was drop the sander on the dowels and
the sanding disc was automatically lined up with the holes on the
sander's pad.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't
remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project,
I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Mike Marlow February 5th 06 09:15 PM

Sanding disc dispenser

wrote in message
ups.com...
Within the last couple of months, while scanning the woodworking mags
at the local Barnes & Noble, I came across a project that was a slick
dispenser for sanding discs used on RO sanders. It utilized a set of
dowels, so all you needed to do was drop the sander on the dowels and
the sanding disc was automatically lined up with the holes on the
sander's pad.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't
remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project,
I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Geeze, now there's a solution looking for a problem.

--

-Mike-

Jay Pique February 5th 06 11:21 PM

Sanding disc dispenser

Mike Marlow wrote:

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't
remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project,
I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

I don't know the mag, but I'd gather you could use an existing disc as
a template, drill the holes, stick the dowels in and have yourself a
fairly workable approximation.

JP

Eugene Nine February 5th 06 11:34 PM

Sanding disc dispenser

wrote:

Within the last couple of months, while scanning the woodworking mags
at the local Barnes & Noble, I came across a project that was a slick
dispenser for sanding discs used on RO sanders. It utilized a set of
dowels, so all you needed to do was drop the sander on the dowels and
the sanding disc was automatically lined up with the holes on the
sander's pad.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't
remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project,
I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Mine came with a plastic piece like that, didn't yours?

Mike Marlow February 5th 06 11:40 PM

Sanding disc dispenser

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike Marlow wrote:

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't
remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project,
I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

I don't know the mag, but I'd gather you could use an existing disc as
a template, drill the holes, stick the dowels in and have yourself a
fairly workable approximation.

JP

FTR - wrong attribute.

--

-Mike-

Ed Beresnikow February 6th 06 02:00 AM

Sanding disc dispenser

wrote:

Within the last couple of months, while scanning the woodworking mags
at the local Barnes & Noble, I came across a project that was a slick
dispenser for sanding discs used on RO sanders. It utilized a set of
dowels, so all you needed to do was drop the sander on the dowels and
the sanding disc was automatically lined up with the holes on the
sander's pad.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't
remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project,
I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Tim, I am guessing the article you are referencing is the one or similar
to "Sanding-Disc Organizer that was published in a Wood Magazine off
shoot from BH&G.

My always alert and idea searching for the "why can't you do something
like this for us?" SWIMBO thought she would help me out with purchase of
the BH&G "Best-Ever Workshop Solutions" 2005 edition. This edition re)
published the 1 page article.

The idea is very simple ROS disc holder-dispenser that uses 3 dowels as
location pins to store H&L ROS disks and by dropping the sander over
these pins a new disc can be attached properly located on the ROS.

I can't see much benefit in this but YMMV ?

Ed

mac davis February 6th 06 06:28 PM

Sanding disc dispenser

On 5 Feb 2006 10:49:35 -0800, wrote:

Within the last couple of months, while scanning the woodworking mags
at the local Barnes & Noble, I came across a project that was a slick
dispenser for sanding discs used on RO sanders. It utilized a set of
dowels, so all you needed to do was drop the sander on the dowels and
the sanding disc was automatically lined up with the holes on the
sander's pad.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the mag at that time and now I can't
remember which one I saw it in. If anyone recalls seeing this project,
I would appreciate knowing what mag/issue it was found in.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

As usual, an easy solution can be found at Ken Vaughn's site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65...ding_guide.jpg

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing