Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

Default Roy Underhill is coming!

That's right! Roy will be at the Northeastern Woodworker's Association's
Woodworker's Showcase this year!

Teri Masaschi, Garret Hack, John Reed Fox will be there, as well as me in
the Toy Factory (if you care. :~) )

Saratoga Springs, NY
March 25-26 10:00-5:00

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/

This is an unabashed plug for my club's show... but I figured that folks
would want to know!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
nk.net...
That's right! Roy will be at the Northeastern Woodworker's Association's
Woodworker's Showcase this year!

Teri Masaschi, Garret Hack, John Reed Fox will be there, as well as me in
the Toy Factory (if you care. :~) )

Saratoga Springs, NY
March 25-26 10:00-5:00

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/

This is an unabashed plug for my club's show... but I figured that folks
would want to know!

John

I have taken a class with Garret and think that he is a great teacher and
person. It was unbelievable how much time/energy he spent with students.
His skills with a smoothing plane were enlightening to me. It gave me a
completely new standard to shoot for.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article et,
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

This is an unabashed plug for my club's show... but I figured that folks
would want to know!

John

Good on ya', John. Shout it from the rooftops.

May your future be F-16 (photographically speaking) and the road ahead
have been finished with 4000 grit.

I love a good story with successes woven through it.

I'd be there had I had more notice / wherewithal to have marked my
calendar.

Next year!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:26:07 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "John
Grossbohlin" quickly quoth:

That's right! Roy will be at the Northeastern Woodworker's Association's
Woodworker's Showcase this year!

Teri Masaschi, Garret Hack, John Reed Fox will be there, as well as me in
the Toy Factory (if you care. :~) )

Saratoga Springs, NY
March 25-26 10:00-5:00

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/

This is an unabashed plug for my club's show... but I figured that folks
would want to know!

Ohknockthat****offyougloatysumbish.

Send Roy out here when he's done there, please.

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
http://www.diversify.com Refreshing Graphic Design
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Mahanke

At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I met Roy when he did a
presentation to the Triangle Woodworkers Asc. in Raleigh. At the end when
everyone was fawming over him for his autograph, I slipped a picture of the
dreaded Norm (backside up) in front of him and asked him for his autograph.
He started to sign the back and then stopped, saying, "What the hell, am I
signing a picture of Norm?", then turned it over and signed across the
front, "Woodworking beyond the Norm, Roy Underhill". We all had a good
laugh. I'm thinking of putting the picture on E-Bay ... any offers?

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
nk.net...
That's right! Roy will be at the Northeastern Woodworker's Association's
Woodworker's Showcase this year!

Teri Masaschi, Garret Hack, John Reed Fox will be there, as well as me in
the Toy Factory (if you care. :~) )

Saratoga Springs, NY
March 25-26 10:00-5:00

http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/

This is an unabashed plug for my club's show... but I figured that folks
would want to know!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

"Max Mahanke" wrote in message
ink.net...
At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I met Roy when he did a
presentation to the Triangle Woodworkers Asc. in Raleigh. At the end when
everyone was fawming over him for his autograph, I slipped a picture of
the
dreaded Norm (backside up) in front of him and asked him for his
autograph.
He started to sign the back and then stopped, saying, "What the hell, am I
signing a picture of Norm?", then turned it over and signed across the
front, "Woodworking beyond the Norm, Roy Underhill". We all had a good
laugh. I'm thinking of putting the picture on E-Bay ... any offers?

Roy definitely has a quick and sharp wit... As I was leaving my employ at
Colonial Williamsburg I asked him to autograph my copies of his books. In
one, taking a shot at my roommate, he wrote 'To John, Survivor of the
"Summer of the Blonde!" My roommate was best of friends with Roy's wife
Jane. Carol really was amused... ;~)

John