DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toolmakers Cabinet Lock (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/142683-toolmakers-cabinet-lock.html)

Hushup January 31st 06 03:40 AM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

Help required please.
I have a Moore &Wright Wooden Engineering Toolmakers Cabinet and I need to
buy a new lock for it. Can anyone suggest a place where I might buy on.
?Google wasnt much help.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
John in Cornwall

New Wave Dave January 31st 06 05:45 AM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

http://www.wwhardware.com

--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Hushup January 31st 06 06:19 AM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

Thanks Dave
I forgot to mention that I,m in the UK ?
John

Andy Dingley January 31st 06 07:36 PM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 03:40:30 +0000 (UTC), "Hushup"
wrote:

I have a Moore &Wright Wooden Engineering Toolmakers Cabinet and I need to
buy a new lock for it. Can anyone suggest a place where I might buy on.

Almost anywhere, from local hardware shops upwards. Isaac Lord (webbed)
or Craft Supplies are obvious UK suppliers for small cabinetry like
this.

If it's like the usual pattern then it's just a simple drawer lock,
nothing magic. These are easier to find and fit than box locks as they
don't have such a complex keeper plate and are less fussy about fit.

The other alternative is to use the lock it already has. They're easy to
cut a key for, if you don't have the old one.

OTOH, just ignore the lock entirely. I have two similar cabinets and
I've never locked either. It's my workshop though.

CW February 1st 06 02:49 AM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

Hence the Moore and Wright. A fine toolmaker. I wish their products were
more available in the US.

dave January 10th 21 04:01 PM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

Hello Hushup
Are you still there?
Did you manage to replace the lock? I have the same problem. The existing is a Yale tlb17 lock and I am unable to get a replacement key. If you replaced the lock, what spec? Obviously you need the lick to keep the panel closed!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ock-75992-.htm

[email protected] January 10th 21 04:16 PM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 16:01:12 +0000, dave
wrote:

Hello Hushup
Are you still there?
Did you manage to replace the lock? I have the same problem.
The existing is a Yale tlb17 lock and I am unable to get a replacement key.
If you replaced the lock, what spec?
Obviously you need the lick to keep the panel closed!

14 year old thread

Lee Valley sells various locks :

https://tinyurl.com/y4uxhk9k

John T.

gray_wolf January 13th 21 05:51 AM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

Check out https://www.leevalley.com

Joe gwinn January 13th 21 03:29 PM

Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

wrote:

Hello Hushup
Are you still there?
Did you manage to replace the lock? I have the same problem.
The existing is a Yale tlb17 lock and I am unable to get a replacement key.
If you replaced the lock, what spec?
Obviously you need the lick to keep the panel closed!

14 year old thread

Lee Valley sells various locks :

https://tinyurl.com/y4uxhk9k

These are very simple locks. Another approach is to take the lock to
a locksmith, and ask for a key to be made.

Joe Gwinn