DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drill press table and fence update (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/142303-drill-press-table-fence-update.html)

Morris Dovey January 28th 06 11:10 AM

Drill press table and fence update

I received a couple of good suggestions for improvements to the fence
for my shop-built drill press table. I've put photos on a web page at
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/DP_Table.html for anyone interested.

I haven't yet taken time to add a T-track to the fence for stops and
vertical workpiece clamping - but that'll come soon.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Josh January 28th 06 02:35 PM

Drill press table and fence update

Very nice. You've inspired me to make one of my own.

Morris Dovey January 28th 06 04:10 PM

Josh (in ) said:

| Very nice. You've inspired me to make one of my own.

:-) Thanks. It's an easy project and makes even a cheapie DP like mine
much easier and more enjoybale to use. Enjoy!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Warren Weber January 29th 06 03:05 AM

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
I received a couple of good suggestions for improvements to the fence
for my shop-built drill press table. I've put photos on a web page at
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/DP_Table.html for anyone interested.

I haven't yet taken time to add a T-track to the fence for stops and
vertical workpiece clamping - but that'll come soon.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto

Very nice. My only concern, if using something short such as a countersink
will the handles clear the vertical guide. Warren

Morris Dovey January 29th 06 03:50 AM

Warren Weber (in ) said:

| "Morris Dovey" wrote in message
|| I received a couple of good suggestions for improvements to the
|| fence for my shop-built drill press table. I've put photos on a
|| web page at
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/DP_Table.html for anyone
|| interested.
|| I haven't yet taken time to add a T-track to the fence for stops
|| and vertical workpiece clamping - but that'll come soon.
| Very nice. My only concern, if using something short such as a
| countersink will the handles clear the vertical guide. Warren

Good question. Sometimes not - my usual solution is to remove the
offending handle(s). I've thought of making a really low fence using a
1/8" x 2" x 24" section of aluminum flat stock; but haven't really
needed it (yet).

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar