Old June 7th 21, 08:16 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default 4" vs 6" ducting for effective dust collecting

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 05:26:25 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

wrote in :

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 09:49:19 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

Bill Pentz wrote in
ewsgroupdirect.com:

There is much logical sounding information in this discussion thread
that is unfortunately either partially or wholly wrong. Please take
the time to at least read my blog if not my web pages for more
information.

What have you learned in the 15 years or so since that thread happened?

Is a big giant cyclone with hard to find (for me at least) 6" PVC pipe
still the awesomest way to go? Is a broom still the best way to remove
sawdust from the floor, especially when we can buy a Festool tool to do
that?

Puckdropper
(Questions 1 and 2 are serious.)

He's found out that trolling works. All of these posts from homoaners
club are from the same person.

Well the guy did post under the name of Bill Pentz... and referred people
to his blog without linking it. I bet he won't ever come back to check
for replies.

Check the headers. The "Hermes 2.0" tag has shown up in every one of
the antediluvian posts Homemoaner Club articles. They're all trolling
from same person.

Bill Pentz was a woodworker who got hit with dust causing health problems
and advocates a big cyclone to collect as much fine dust as possible as
well as PPE. I have one but never got the pipe to hook it up. (Btw, I'm
shifting to more of a "driveway woodshop" style due to a move. Anyone
interested in a tested but never used Clearvue Cyclone?)

I'm going the other way. I'm working on the finance committed to
justify a HEPA dust collector.