DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Applied Moldings (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/141209-applied-moldings.html)

[email protected] January 20th 06 10:13 PM

Applied Moldings

Every time I've seen a door with decorative trim applied to the
surface, I've taken for granted
that I could go to a lot of different places to get whatever I wanted
to do the same thing.
This doesn't seem to be the case. What I need are some various forms
of beaded molding
up to 1 1/2" wide, flat on the back, with a radiused or otherwise
decoratively curved piece of
the same profile. The curved pieces would have to be available in
different lengths for
different door widths. Were those mill catalogues with pages and pages
of applied moldings
just in a dream I had, or is it something no longer available?
Scratching my head over this one.

Dave Jackson January 21st 06 12:50 AM

Applied Moldings

No, you weren't dreaming. Find a millwork company in your local area.
Nowadays architectural millwork is spec'd out. Millwork companies make
moulding to those specs. Sounds like you need panel moulding. It's there,
you just gotta know where to look. --dave

oups.com...

[email protected] January 21st 06 02:39 AM

Applied Moldings

Try he

http://tinyurl.com/8vdxn

And you don't have to leave your chair.