Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Default Whats the safest Glue for particle board

What would be the safest glue for particle board, not MDF board. I was
thinking of gluing on a hard board top some particle board. Is water
base or latex glue something I should stay away from for this project?

Posted to rec.woodworking
TeamCasa

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
What would be the safest glue for particle board, not MDF board. I was
thinking of gluing on a hard board top some particle board. Is water
base or latex glue something I should stay away from for this project?

Any wood glue will work. Look at the Poly version of liquid nails. Pretty
good stuff.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
bdeditch wrote:

What would be the safest glue for particle board, not MDF board. I was
thinking of gluing on a hard board top some particle board. Is water
base or latex glue something I should stay away from for this project?

Use yellow glue and be sure that you're clamping properly. No worries.

Cauls, and lotsa clamps, I'm thinking.

--
"We have been looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq for less time
than it took Hillary Clinton to find the billing record from the Rose Law firm.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article .ca,
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Cauls, and lotsa clamps, I'm thinking.

As soon as I see that, I start to think

A) Contact cement.

2) Vacuum bag (even make-shift)

X) Weights. ( Lots and big.)

Removing glue from skirting board Antony UK diy 13 January 29th 21 06:22 AM
Hide glue question Bill Woodworking 2 January 11th 06 10:05 PM
LeCroy Oscilloscope/ VME/ CAMAC/ NIM/ FASTBUS repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
Built my first board, here are details revgum Woodworking 7 December 8th 04 08:09 AM
Glue Up - High Anxiety charlie b Woodworking 6 June 29th 04 03:19 AM