DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whats the safest Glue for particle board (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/139986-whats-safest-glue-particle-board.html)

bdeditch January 13th 06 02:55 AM

Whats the safest Glue for particle board

What would be the safest glue for particle board, not MDF board. I was
thinking of gluing on a hard board top some particle board. Is water
base or latex glue something I should stay away from for this project?

TeamCasa January 13th 06 03:03 AM

Whats the safest Glue for particle board

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
What would be the safest glue for particle board, not MDF board. I was
thinking of gluing on a hard board top some particle board. Is water
base or latex glue something I should stay away from for this project?

Any wood glue will work. Look at the Poly version of liquid nails. Pretty
good stuff.

Dave

Dave Balderstone January 13th 06 05:00 AM

Whats the safest Glue for particle board

In article .com,
bdeditch wrote:

What would be the safest glue for particle board, not MDF board. I was
thinking of gluing on a hard board top some particle board. Is water
base or latex glue something I should stay away from for this project?

Use yellow glue and be sure that you're clamping properly. No worries.

Cauls, and lotsa clamps, I'm thinking.

--
"We have been looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq for less time
than it took Hillary Clinton to find the billing record from the Rose Law firm.

Robatoy January 13th 06 08:37 AM

Whats the safest Glue for particle board

In article .ca,
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Cauls, and lotsa clamps, I'm thinking.

As soon as I see that, I start to think