DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help finding Norwegian woodworking book. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/139641-help-finding-norwegian-woodworking-book.html)

Jane & David January 10th 06 09:33 PM

Help finding Norwegian woodworking book.

Anyone from Norway reading here? I am looking for help finding a
Norwegian woodworking book. I have searched Amazon, Powell's, and had a
store in Oslo do a search for me. I also contacted the author directly
(nice guy), and the publisher. No luck anywhere.

If you have a copy to sell me or are willing to make a copy I would be
grateful.

Møbelsnekring etter gamle forbilder
Borgersen, Tom Sknsar
Boksenteret, 1997
ISBN: 8276831311

På forhånd takk.

PDX David

ATP* January 11th 06 04:46 AM

"Jane & David" wrote in message
Anyone from Norway reading here? I am looking for help finding a
Norwegian woodworking book.

It's good, isn't it?

J T January 11th 06 06:40 PM

Help finding Norwegian woodworking book.

Tue, Jan 10, 2006, 1:33pm (EST-3)
(Jane*&*David) doth claimeth:
snip I have searched Amazon, Powell's, and had a store in Oslo do a
search for me. I also contacted the author directly (nice guy), and the
publisher. No luck anywhere. snip

Huh, stopped early then, did ya? Check google, thoroughly, don't
just "look". Loads of sellers dealing in out-of-print books, some very
specialized. If you're willing to just borrow, check your local
library, they can borrow from other libraries if they don't have it.

I do a LOT of searching for books. Recently found one I'd been
after for weeks, mostly not available, and high priced when it was. Got
a copy in about new condition, for half, or less, than the usual asksing
price. Amazon? I laugh. As a last resort, check eBay, but watch the
shipping prices if you do - shipping costs have stopped me from bidding
more than once.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax