DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Z-Frame (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/138508-z-frame.html)

Greg Esres January 4th 06 01:50 AM

Z-Frame

My parent's shutters are installed in a nice Z-frame that fits very
tightly over the existing window moulding I would like to construct
something similar, but can't see how it's done. The moulding that I
find at HD has a flat back and if I were to place it over the existing
moulding, the outer edge would sit well out from the existing
moulding, which I think would look odd. It's almost as if the Z-frame
moulding has a concave back.

So my questions a

1) How can I make the moulding of the Z-frame fit tightly over the
existing moulding, and
2) What is the best way to join the various segments of the Z? I'm
supposing that it's 3 pieces of wood, but it appears seamless.
Hmmm....maybe it's painted plastic?

Thanks for any thoughts