DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita LXT cordless circular saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/138337-makita-lxt-cordless-circular-saw.html)

Mike January 2nd 06 11:47 PM

Makita LXT cordless circular saw

I bought the LXT set for myself for Xmas and finally used the circular saw
today to cut 2x4's (fir) for my workbench.

It was a bit odd at first cutting with the blade on the left side. And the
sawdust chute does throw it onto your left pant leg and left shoe, but it
cut like buttah. Nice and light and I didn't have any trouble keeping a
straight line or keeping the baseplate on the work.

Mike

David January 3rd 06 12:08 AM

Mike wrote:
I bought the LXT set for myself for Xmas and finally used the circular saw
today to cut 2x4's (fir) for my workbench.

It was a bit odd at first cutting with the blade on the left side. And the
sawdust chute does throw it onto your left pant leg and left shoe, but it
cut like buttah. Nice and light and I didn't have any trouble keeping a
straight line or keeping the baseplate on the work.

Mike

Left sided circ saws are all I'll buy. Easier to see where I'm cutting
since I'm right handed.

Dave

CBHVAC January 3rd 06 04:57 AM

"Mike" wrote in message
I bought the LXT set for myself for Xmas and finally used the circular saw
today to cut 2x4's (fir) for my workbench.

It was a bit odd at first cutting with the blade on the left side. And
the sawdust chute does throw it onto your left pant leg and left shoe, but
it cut like buttah. Nice and light and I didn't have any trouble keeping
a straight line or keeping the baseplate on the work.

Mike

Just as a thought....any saw will cut decent with a good blade.

Keith Williams January 3rd 06 06:48 PM

Makita LXT cordless circular saw

In article ,
says...

"Mike" wrote in message
I bought the LXT set for myself for Xmas and finally used the circular saw
today to cut 2x4's (fir) for my workbench.

It was a bit odd at first cutting with the blade on the left side.

Why didn't you buy a right-hand saw?

And
the sawdust chute does throw it onto your left pant leg and left shoe, but
it cut like buttah. Nice and light and I didn't have any trouble keeping
a straight line or keeping the baseplate on the work.

Mike

Just as a thought....any saw will cut decent with a good blade.

You obviously never used my old Crapsman.

--
Keith

[email protected] January 3rd 06 07:10 PM

Makita LXT cordless circular saw

Yep, I was going to say the same thing. I have a Craftsman saw that
has a good carbide blade, but 1) it's real heavy, 2) the saw isn't
powerful, and 3) the edge of the baseplate isn't parallel to the blade.

Mike