DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Japanese style wooden computer case (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/138209-japanese-style-wooden-computer-case.html)

Steve A January 2nd 06 07:49 AM

Japanese style wooden computer case

There is a segment on Digital Life TV on a really well done Japanese
style wooden computer case. Here's the URL.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1898200,00.asp

Lee Michaels January 2nd 06 08:53 AM

"Steve A" wrote in message
There is a segment on Digital Life TV on a really well done Japanese style
wooden computer case. Here's the URL.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1898200,00.asp

This is a 19 year old student who did this??

And he has been making furniture for several years?? And he made most of
this with Japaese tools and joinery??

I am staring at my club fists. I feel like a caveman.

And oh yes......., I also feel very old.

Damn kids!

Mortimer Schnerd, RN January 2nd 06 10:32 AM

Lee Michaels wrote:
I am staring at my club fists. I feel like a caveman.

And oh yes......., I also feel very old.

As you should. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Dave Jackson January 2nd 06 12:13 PM

Japanese style wooden computer case

That's just too cool! --dave

Mark & Juanita January 2nd 06 04:27 PM

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 07:49:26 GMT, Steve A wrote:

There is a segment on Digital Life TV on a really well done Japanese
style wooden computer case. Here's the URL.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1898200,00.asp

Problem is that by the time I'd finish something like that, the computer
would long be obsolete.

Contrarian January 8th 06 04:05 PM

Japanese style wooden computer case

There is a segment on Digital Life TV on a really well done Japanese
style wooden computer case. Here's the URL.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1898200,00.asp

This is a 19 year old student who did this??

And he has been making furniture for several years?? And he made most of
this with Japaese tools and joinery??

And oh yes......., I also feel very old.

I looked at it. Also at a "Toolbox" book in the train
station bookstore. Somehow that was more daunting than
the Fine Woodworking and related books.