DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Annual Reminder (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/138167-annual-reminder.html)

DJ Delorie January 1st 06 11:01 PM

Annual Reminder

With the turning of the calendar, I remind myself that once a year I
should clean and tune my tools (table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw).
I usually turn my TS over and partially disassemble it to get out all
the accumulated grime and dirty grease on the worm gears, then re-lube
it, reassemble it, and take the time to get it tuned as well as I can.
Same for jointer/planer knives. All the enclosed cabinet bases get
opened and vacuumed.

In other words, it's time for all those "once in a while" tasks.

Toller January 2nd 06 01:21 AM

Annual Reminder

"DJ Delorie" wrote in message

With the turning of the calendar, I remind myself that once a year I
should clean and tune my tools (table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw).
I usually turn my TS over and partially disassemble it to get out all
the accumulated grime and dirty grease on the worm gears, then re-lube
it, reassemble it, and take the time to get it tuned as well as I can.
Same for jointer/planer knives. All the enclosed cabinet bases get
opened and vacuumed.

In other words, it's time for all those "once in a while" tasks.

Thank you for your post. Maybe it will prod me into doing the same.

Warren Weber January 2nd 06 02:04 AM

Annual Reminder

"DJ Delorie" wrote in message

With the turning of the calendar, I remind myself that once a year I
should clean and tune my tools (table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw).
I usually turn my TS over and partially disassemble it to get out all
the accumulated grime and dirty grease on the worm gears, then re-lube
it, reassemble it, and take the time to get it tuned as well as I can.
Same for jointer/planer knives. All the enclosed cabinet bases get
opened and vacuumed.

In other words, it's time for all those "once in a while" tasks.

Also. Remember to put 2006 on your checks. WW

mac davis January 2nd 06 04:42 PM

Annual Reminder

On 01 Jan 2006 18:01:12 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

With the turning of the calendar, I remind myself that once a year I
should clean and tune my tools (table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw).
I usually turn my TS over and partially disassemble it to get out all
the accumulated grime and dirty grease on the worm gears, then re-lube
it, reassemble it, and take the time to get it tuned as well as I can.
Same for jointer/planer knives. All the enclosed cabinet bases get
opened and vacuumed.

In other words, it's time for all those "once in a while" tasks.

Clean and maintain a power tool before it complains?? unheard of!! *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Pop January 3rd 06 12:14 AM

Annual Reminder

"mac davis" wrote in message
: On 01 Jan 2006 18:01:12 -0500, DJ Delorie
wrote:
:
:
[...]

Add to that smoke detector batteries and computer full system
backup and you have my list! A pain, but worth it!

Pop

Mark & Juanita January 3rd 06 03:32 AM

Annual Reminder

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 23:35:55 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 08:42:35 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

Clean and maintain a power tool before it complains?? unheard of!! *g*

The only thing I do that with is my Beechcraft. The consequences are
more than wasted stock...

Yep, can't exactly pull over to the side and get out and walk. :-(