DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Curly Cherry source? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/137419-curly-cherry-source.html)

Rob December 28th 05 03:12 PM

Curly Cherry source?

Hi! It's been a while since I've posted to rec.ww. Shout out to Paddy
O, if he's still here!

The last thing I ever should've done was show a potential client my 4/4
curly cherry stock. Now, he's totally entranced with it and won't come
off the idea. I'll need 8/4 stock for cabinet legs, and I don't want
to face join 4/4s for this highly visible project.

In eastern NC, I'm far away from any mill that has CC, to my knowledge.
Can anyone recommend a reputable online source? CurlyMaple.com,
perhaps?

Thanks
Rob

no(SPAM)vasys December 28th 05 03:18 PM

Curly Cherry source?

Rob wrote:
Hi! It's been a while since I've posted to rec.ww. Shout out to Paddy
O, if he's still here!

The last thing I ever should've done was show a potential client my 4/4
curly cherry stock. Now, he's totally entranced with it and won't come
off the idea. I'll need 8/4 stock for cabinet legs, and I don't want
to face join 4/4s for this highly visible project.

In eastern NC, I'm far away from any mill that has CC, to my knowledge.
Can anyone recommend a reputable online source? CurlyMaple.com,
perhaps?

Thanks
Rob

Curly Woods comes to mind:

http://www.curlywoods.com/

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Toller December 28th 05 03:24 PM

Curly Cherry source?

In eastern NC, I'm far away from any mill that has CC, to my knowledge.
Can anyone recommend a reputable online source? CurlyMaple.com,
perhaps?

I have bought curly cherry from
http://www.westpennhardwoods.com/static/index.htm
But I bought it in person. I don't know if I would buy wood like that
online; I mean the boards are really individuals rather than a commodity.

Rob December 28th 05 04:00 PM

Curly Cherry source?

Toller - Yes, I'd much rather buy in person, and would be willing to
drive a good number of hours to do so. But circumstances will probably
dictate that I shop in the blind. That's why I was looking for a
reputable dealer.

Thanks,
Rob

mike December 28th 05 04:31 PM

Curly Cherry source?

Rob wrote:
Toller - Yes, I'd much rather buy in person, and would be willing to
drive a good number of hours to do so. But circumstances will probably
dictate that I shop in the blind. That's why I was looking for a
reputable dealer.

Thanks,
Rob

Try Frank Miller in Union City IN-Ohio. I recently purchased some
beautiful curly cherry for a blanket chest.

Mike