DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B&D Thundervolt 18V Cordless Drill (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/135621-b-d-thundervolt-18v-cordless-drill.html)

Student December 14th 05 09:46 AM

B&D Thundervolt 18V Cordless Drill

Anyone used this drill? I read somewhere that Thundervolt line was kinda
closer in quality to pro tools. Any truth in that? You won't find them on
B&D website, when I phoned them, they initially didn't know what I was
talking about, then when I gave the link to canadiantire.ca and told to
search "thundervolt", only then they acknowledged it was their product,
however, sold only in Canada. Anyway, I'd appreciate comments from those who
used this hammer drill. Thanks.

Andy December 14th 05 02:52 PM

B&D Thundervolt 18V Cordless Drill

Any truth in that?

Nope. My dad has one, and it's about the same as his Ryobi. I have a
Craftsman (black one, not the cheaper gray one) and it's nicer than
either of his. Hate to break it to you, but you still get what you pay
for. If I were shopping for a new cordless drill right now, I'd pony
up the cash and go with one of several reviews I've read recently that
recommend either Panasonic or Dewalt.
Andy