Posted to rec.woodworking
TheCaneMaker

Default Cane production

I have been making canes from little trees that I go into the
surrounding woods and dig up. But, I seem to be lacking a large variety
of trees in the area I reside in. Is there somebody that lives in
WV,OH,PA or MD that can point me in the direction of public lands in
which I can seek out the trees I am looking for, (no particular type),
So I can dig them up to carry on with my cane work?
I would appreciate anything anybody can tell me. I live in
Brownsville,PA so my general traveling area is within 50 miles in a
radius of my home. Thanks a heap!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"TheCaneMaker" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been making canes from little trees that I go into the
surrounding woods and dig up. But, I seem to be lacking a large variety
of trees in the area I reside in. Is there somebody that lives in
WV,OH,PA or MD that can point me in the direction of public lands in
which I can seek out the trees I am looking for, (no particular type),
So I can dig them up to carry on with my cane work?
I would appreciate anything anybody can tell me. I live in
Brownsville,PA so my general traveling area is within 50 miles in a
radius of my home. Thanks a heap!!!

There's going to be some difficulty telling you where to find the trees
you're looking for--"no particular type."

How large? Hard or soft wood? Any particular features you need? "Little" is
not much of a description.

Suggestions for production plywood cutting required. BigD Woodworking 8 November 6th 05 02:17 AM
Looking for partners in feldspar production in Georgia exporting Internationally [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 5th 05 02:48 PM
Large chip production and dust collection Highland Pairos Woodworking 10 March 12th 05 06:24 AM
Musings On A Cane J T Woodworking 26 February 9th 05 08:11 PM
Oil/Pellet Stoves? Bill LaFleur Home Ownership 285 November 18th 04 10:33 PM