Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith

Default Looking for Coffee Table Ideas.

I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like some
ideas or designs if possible.
It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers at this point.
I was going to do it using walnut. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith

Looking at 4 legs and using rectangular size 30" width and around 50" across.
Time is 2-3 weeks. The decor for the rest of the room is what ever people have
given them. They have only be married a year now so style is open but I was
leaning toward mission style. I was also looking at putting a shelf in and no
drawers.

They wanted a shelf so

Keith wrote:

I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like some
ideas or designs if possible.
It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers at this point.
I was going to do it using walnut. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Keith (in ) said:

| Looking at 4 legs and using rectangular size 30" width and around
| 50" across. Time is 2-3 weeks. The decor for the rest of the room
| is what ever people have given them. They have only be married a
| year now so style is open but I was leaning toward mission style. I
| was also looking at putting a shelf in and no drawers.

Good choice (I happen to really like mission furniture)

Try this link:
http://www.google.com/search?&hl=en&...fee+table+plan
to find a bunch of references. One of 'em should get you started. If
you drop the "free" you'll get even more choices.

If you have difficulties along the way, this is a good place to get
specific kinds of help.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
DJ Delorie

http://www.delorie.com/wood/projects...coffee0001.png

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lyndell Thompson

Check out this beast! A pop up mechanism that will make a cool dining/coffee
table. I have one of these, and haven't got it built yet. SWMBO says I have
to get rolling on it right after the x-mas presents are done. :-)
Good Luck Lyndell

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43586,43594

"Keith" wrote in message
I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like
some
ideas or designs if possible.
It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers at this
point.
I was going to do it using walnut. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article , Keith wrote:
Looking at 4 legs and using rectangular size 30" width and around 50" across.

WOW! I hope they have a big living room.

Time is 2-3 weeks. The decor for the rest of the room is what ever people have
given them. They have only be married a year now so style is open but I was
leaning toward mission style. I was also looking at putting a shelf in and no
drawers.

They wanted a shelf so

Here's one I made for my living room. It's about 24 x 36.

http://www.milmac.com/Furniture/GlassTopCoffeeTable.JPG

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

Keith wrote:
I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like some
ideas or designs if possible.
It's going to be around 50" by 30" but these are not hard numbers at this point.
I was going to do it using walnut. Thanks

Here's the coffee table I designed and built

http://www.areddy.net/wood/coffee%20table/index.htm

They have removable tiles which are just held in by gravity. It allows
you to change the appearance AND to put drinks on it without coasters.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Here's one I made for my living room. It's about 24 x 36.

http://www.milmac.com/Furniture/GlassTopCoffeeTable.JPG

Hmmm .... looks just like one I made, only with fewer mistakes:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/CoffeeTable.gif

It is a nice coffee table plan, combining old and new styling. I've had many
opportunities to either reproduce it, or sell this one ... so far
successfully resisted.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Larry Bud" wrote in message

Here's the coffee table I designed and built

http://www.areddy.net/wood/coffee%20table/index.htm

They have removable tiles which are just held in by gravity. It allows
you to change the appearance AND to put drinks on it without coasters.

That's one gorgeous piece of design and execution, Larry ... worthy of a
spot in FWW.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article , "Swingman" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Here's one I made for my living room. It's about 24 x 36.

http://www.milmac.com/Furniture/GlassTopCoffeeTable.JPG

Hmmm .... looks just like one I made, only with fewer mistakes:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/CoffeeTable.gif

I bet we got our plans from the same place... Yours looks great. Nice job.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Sam

Keith wrote:
I'm making my daughter a coffee table for her new house and would like some
ideas or designs if possible.

Keith and others with similar questions,
If you are looking for ideas, do a Google IMAGE search. Here's 205,000
ideas. Sam

http://images.google.com/images?q=coffee+table&hl=en

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Sam" wrote in message

If you are looking for ideas, do a Google IMAGE search. Here's 205,000
ideas.

http://images.google.com/images?q=coffee+table&hl=en

Does Google still have their 1000 hit/link limit?

Inquiring minds ....

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Sam

Swingman wrote:
"Sam" wrote in message

If you are looking for ideas, do a Google IMAGE search. Here's 205,000
ideas.

http://images.google.com/images?q=coffee+table&hl=en

Does Google still have their 1000 hit/link limit?

Inquiring minds ....

Apparently so. It went up to 896 and with the "omitted results
included" it went to 994. Is there any way around the limit? 994 is
plenty, but since they said 205,000 exist, if they won't let me see the
other 204,006 I will feel empty, cheated, bereft of hope or happiness.
Sam

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Sam" wrote in message

Swingman wrote:
"Sam" wrote in message

If you are looking for ideas, do a Google IMAGE search. Here's

205,000
ideas.

http://images.google.com/images?q=coffee+table&hl=en

Does Google still have their 1000 hit/link limit?

Inquiring minds ....

Apparently so. It went up to 896 and with the "omitted results
included" it went to 994. Is there any way around the limit? 994 is
plenty, but since they said 205,000 exist, if they won't let me see the
other 204,006 I will feel empty, cheated, bereft of hope or happiness.

****er ain't it ... like everything else these days, it appearances that
count. Go have a drink, or buy a tool ... it'll soothe that tortured soul.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05