Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Carruth

Default galvanized finishing nails

Completing an outside project, need to find 1" stainless steel or double
dipped galvanzied nails for air nailer...BORG, Lowe's, etc do not carry..any
suggestions guys...

Yes, screws will work but would rather use brads..no, cannot use standard
brads as wood is cedar..

Posted to rec.woodworking

This could be really easy for you. If you will Google this, you won't
believe how many stainless nails will pop up.

However, you will have to input your brand of nailer, nail type and
length.

In your post, you first ask for nails... then you say brads will work.

If brads will work, most straight brads are already galvanized. You
can buy those at HD.

If you actually want galvanized or stainless nails, go to your local
pneumatic fastener shop and buy them there.

DAGS stainless air nails.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Chris Carruth" wrote in message
. net...
Completing an outside project, need to find 1" stainless steel or double
dipped galvanzied nails for air nailer...BORG, Lowe's, etc do not
carry..any suggestions guys...

Yes, screws will work but would rather use brads..no, cannot use standard
brads as wood is cedar..

I am thinking you want a nail with a head on it for out door use, not a
brad. What about Aluminum nails?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Try McFeelys - I know they list SS nails/brads for pneumatic nailers,
maybe they have some for your nailer

John

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 06:00:34 GMT, "Chris Carruth"
wrote:

Completing an outside project, need to find 1" stainless steel or double
dipped galvanzied nails for air nailer...BORG, Lowe's, etc do not carry..any
suggestions guys...

Yes, screws will work but would rather use brads..no, cannot use standard
brads as wood is cedar..

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Carruth

my bad...should have said I am looking for source in the Dallas Ft. Worth
area...did find numerous suppliers on web, but minimum order + shipping is
too much waste for my small needs..anyone know of source in DFW?

thanks gang

Chris Carruth wrote:

Completing an outside project, need to find 1" stainless steel or double
dipped galvanzied nails for air nailer...BORG, Lowe's, etc do not
carry..any suggestions guys...

Yes, screws will work but would rather use brads..no, cannot use standard
brads as wood is cedar..

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 04:34:09 GMT, "Chris Carruth"
wrote:

my bad...should have said I am looking for source in the Dallas Ft. Worth
area...did find numerous suppliers on web, but minimum order + shipping is
too much waste for my small needs..anyone know of source in DFW?

I'm still not sure what type of nail you're after but Senco makes
their finish nails in galvanized. The 1" seems to be available in
16ga but 1 1/4" is the shortest in 15ga.

www.senco.com

They have a dealer finder there also with several places in your area.
If the finish nail doen't have a large enough head, check the fastener
pages for what else they might have.

Mike O.