DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   45 degree table saw cuts are curved,... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/134107-re-45-degree-table-saw-cuts-curved.html)

WillR December 4th 05 12:47 PM

45 degree table saw cuts are curved,...

all thumbs wrote:
Hello, when I use the protractor thing in the track to guide a piece
through the saw I first square the angle to the upright blade with a
carpenters square. I can cut a fairly square 90 edge like this. When I
rotate the saw blade 45 degrees to cut a 45 on edge, the last inch
that goes through the blade is curved. The mitred corners are messed
up as a result. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your time and happy
holidays.

And a little sandpaper glued to the miter gage can work on some... Then
the wood won't slide.

The sandpaper allows the wood to grip better. Then you don't usually
have to clamp the wood.

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art