Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default This Is The Bandsaw I Want For My Birthday

http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

JOAT
A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the
weekends.

Posted to rec.woodworking
rickluce

Forget the sawmill, just give me that slab of wood

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

J T wrote:
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

I was going to do it right up until where you called me a cheapskate. Now I
hope you get a lump of coal in your stocking.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Ketchum

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

Are you planning on resawing a pickup truck or something?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

Wonder how big a pointy stick you could make with that - not to mention push
sticks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dhakala

Vic Baron wrote:
"J T" wrote in message
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

Wonder how big a pointy stick you could make with that - not to mention push
sticks.

Here's an 80-incher:

http://www.hemsaw.com/e-news/e-8080.htm

No pretty wood in the pics, though.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"J T" wrote in message news:22523-438F4DC7-
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

I'd buy it for you, but since you'd never get it in the door to your
workshop, I'm not going to spend money on something that's just going to get
rusty sitting out in the rain.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote:

J T wrote:
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

I was going to do it right up until where you called me a cheapskate. Now I
hope you get a lump of coal in your stocking.

Being a foreigner and all, I didn't really know the true meaning of cheapskate.
(I thought it was some kinda hockey term, I did).....but now that I know...

*putting cheque-book away*

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Smith

In article ,
(J T) wrote:

http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

What I don't understand is they say they've been accumulating logs up to 7
feet in diameter, and they they went out and bought a 67" saw. That seems
like the kind of dumb thing I would do. What'd they do, get to the bandsaw
store and then they couldn't find the scrap of paper they wrote the numbers
down on so they guessed?
Posted to rec.woodworking
no(SPAM)vasys

J T wrote:
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

We did take up a collection. All of us were eager to contribute but
seeing that we're all cheapskates no one would spring for the postage to
send the check.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

I'm a little short on cash, but I'll send you some beer cans you can cash in
for 5¢ apiece. Keep an eye out for that beg green trash bag full of them
when the UPS man drops them on the doorstep.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:23:51 -0500, (J T) wrote:

http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you
cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

Tell you what, we'll kick in for the mill, *you've* got to furnish the
blade. When you get the blade in house, give us a ring, we'll work the saw
then. :-)

JOAT
A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the
weekends.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Crap. I already knew that if I just asked for it that wouldn't
work. So, I figured I might be able to shame you guys into doing the
decent thing. Should have figured that wouldn't work either. I'd
planned on cornering the DIY pointy stick kit market, but you've all
shattered that dream. Which means I've got to cancel the order for
those six whole redwood trees, fast. The price on the trees isn't so
bad, but the shipping to NC is a bitch.

JOAT
A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the
weekends.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy

(J T) wrote in news:22523-438F4DC7-1633@storefull-
3336.bay.webtv.net:

http://www.hearnehardwoods.com/GeneralInfo/Sawmill.html

That's not a bandsaw, that's a band_mill_.

Used ones come up for sale every now-and-again. Do a Google
search on "bandmill", you'll probably find one. Heck, you
might even find plans to make your own.

John

Bandsaw question... Pete C. Metalworking 15 November 26th 05 10:11 PM
Old Delta bandsaw questions Jonathan Woodworking 1 November 20th 04 10:27 PM
first time bandsaw user/owner blade question Wookie Woodworking 4 February 29th 04 03:01 AM
Maloof: “Then I just cut ________ on the bandsaw charlie b Woodworking 12 November 16th 03 04:53 PM
Bandsaw Box... jim Woodworking 8 November 1st 03 05:07 PM