Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default A blast from the past - Ridgid 1975/76 Calendar

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may
or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net said:

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

I still have a few Snap-On and Mr. Gasket calendars... ;-)

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may
or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Can you imagine these same women in these same poses, taken today...
Talk about a limp stilson... g

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may or
may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Ridged still prints calendars like that, 'cept the bikini's are smaller. We
had a 2005 hanging up in the shop until one of the "juvenile" males in the
shop defaced it, then the boss took it down.
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Christian

that is a relly nice pipe bender she has there....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

Christian

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may or
may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:43:22 -0500, Greg wrote:

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net said:

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

I still have a few Snap-On and Mr. Gasket calendars... ;-)

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may
or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Can you imagine these same women in these same poses, taken today...
Talk about a limp stilson... g

Greg G.

Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high
school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss

Mark & Juanita wrote:

: Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high
: school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

Sigh. I was there 75-78. Ah, the memories.

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking
shooter357

I'd swear that Miss September/October is actress Colleen Camp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

what do you think

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:24:09 -0400, "Christian"
wrote:

that is a relly nice pipe bender she has there....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

Christian

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may or
may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net said:

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

I must resemble that statement.

Those calendars were tastefully done, and have earned a place in Americana.

First thing Emerson did after purchasing Rigid was to discontinue the
calendar.

My associate made a sales calls a couple of days after the announcement.

It was not a happy place.

Seems customers were registering their thoughts with customer service
and the word travelled fast around the place.

Turned out to be a precursor of things to come.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Mark & Juanita said:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:43:22 -0500, Greg wrote:

Can you imagine these same women in these same poses, taken today...
Talk about a limp stilson... g

Greg G.

Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high
school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

No ink, either - at least where you can see it...
Hey, I was in HS in '75, so my generation isn't that far from yours,
sonny. ;-)

But what caught my eye more than the lack of naval decor, was the lack
of tongue and nose studs! !!!

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Andrew Barss said:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

: Ah, and not a single belly button piercing to be seen. [I was in high
: school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation]

Sigh. I was there 75-78. Ah, the memories.

-- Andy Barss

AAAANDYYYY! Get away from that computer and quit day dreaming.
Aren't you supposed to be fixing that leaking toilet? And what about
my broken toaster oven. My mother was right - I should have married
Phillip... whah, wha whah, wha whah whah whaah. g

Greg G.

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Hmmm... I get:
-------------------
Rigid, Inc.
We are Internet Service Provider.
We are not in any way related with a hardware/tool company with a
similar name.
Please do not send any mail intended for that company to us.
--------------
And some undecipherable Kanji.

Must be an Asian babe calendar... g

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Ricky Robbins

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 07:33:25 -0000,
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at
www.rigid.com

Add a "d": http://www.ridgid.com

Not sure what that other site was.

Ricky

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at
www.rigid.com

Add a "d": http://www.ridgid.com

Not sure what that other site was.

I was just funnin' him.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Actually, for a direct link - with photos BFG try this:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Calendar/

Don't forget to scroll down.

I don't think I'll be mailing in my $10.00, however...

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Smith

In article ,
Greg wrote:

But what caught my eye more than the lack of naval decor, was the lack
of tongue and nose studs! !!!

I believe the current phrase is "facial hardware".
Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes Stewart

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:31:25 -0700, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

Back from the days when companies could (and did) get away with using
scantly clad models to promote their 'hard' ware. Ridgid used to issue
some outrageous calendars.

From clamps to pipe wrenches, the "Women of the Ridgid brand tools" may
or may not have helped sales, but they sure did adorn many toolshops!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/sets/917376/

Jack

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Real women, with real boobs, tastefully photographed by one of the
best glamour photographers in the business.. who could be offended?

Sigh.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:16:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
shooter357 quickly quoth:

I'd swear that Miss September/October is actress Colleen Camp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

what do you think

Perhaps, and this one could be Mariette Hartley?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

---
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -
http://diversify.com Web Applications

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:47:34 -0500, Greg wrote:

... snip
Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Hmmm... I get:
-------------------
Rigid, Inc.
We are Internet Service Provider.
We are not in any way related with a hardware/tool company with a
similar name.
Please do not send any mail intended for that company to us.
--------------
And some undecipherable Kanji.

Must be an Asian babe calendar... g

Greg G.

Back when someone else had Grizzly in their name, they included a link to
the Grizzly Tool site -- seems like that would have been a neighborly thing
to do by rigid.com since this apparently is a common mistake to the point
that they felt the need to have the only English on their website pointing
out that fact.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Actually, for a direct link - with photos BFG try this:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Calendar/

Don't forget to scroll down.

I don't think I'll be mailing in my $10.00, however...

Greg G.

Only 6 pictures for two years? What's up with that?

[... and I'd be saying that if it was tractors, trains, or anything else]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Actually, for a direct link - with photos BFG try this:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Calendar/

Don't forget to scroll down.

I don't think I'll be mailing in my $10.00, however...

Greg G.

Only 6 pictures for two years? What's up with that?

[... and I'd be saying that if it was tractors, trains, or anything else]

Well, just like your local stripper, uhh... exotic dancer, I don't
believe they're going to show it ALL unless you pay your $10 VBG

Greg G.

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Try this link instead!

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Calendar/
Your eyes will be pleased!

I TOLD you guys the calenders were still available!!
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Real women, with real boobs, tastefully photographed by one of the
best glamour photographers in the business.. who could be offended?

Sigh.

Trust me, there is some old biddy, with her hair tied in a tight bun, dress
to her ankles, that wants to save us sinners for enjoying the view!
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:16:45 -0600, "Greg O"

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Try this link instead!

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Calendar/
Your eyes will be pleased!

I TOLD you guys the calenders were still available!!
Greg

Much better. Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:19:50 -0600, "Greg O" wrote:

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
.. .

PS - I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just happened to find this on
the Internet and thought some people would get a kick out of it.

Real women, with real boobs, tastefully photographed by one of the
best glamour photographers in the business.. who could be offended?

Sigh.

Let me correct that for you:
Trust me, there is some old biddy, with her hair tied in a tight bun, dress
to her ankles,

who is head of a Womens' Studies department on a campus somewhere
that wants to

stop men from exploiting women and revel in an androgynous (sp?)
totally-equal society.

HTH. :-)

save us sinners for enjoying the view!
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking
Norm Dresner

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:16:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
shooter357 quickly quoth:

I'd swear that Miss September/October is actress Colleen Camp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

what do you think

Gosh, I had thought he (Peter Gowland) was a better photographer than
that --- he was one of the Glamour Photography "gods" in the 60's and
70's -- but those pictures are just awful, awkward poses, little regard for
lighting ... Maybe we all just knew less back then and accepted it as
good?

Norm

Don't tell anybody, but the 2006 calendar is available at www.rigid.com

Try this link instead!

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Calendar/
Your eyes will be pleased!

I TOLD you guys the calenders were still available!!

Not really. They do have calenders, but they no longer have pictures
of their tools in the calender.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Norm Dresner said:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:16:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
shooter357 quickly quoth:

I'd swear that Miss September/October is actress Colleen Camp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

what do you think

Gosh, I had thought he (Peter Gowland) was a better photographer than
that --- he was one of the Glamour Photography "gods" in the 60's and
70's -- but those pictures are just awful, awkward poses, little regard for
lighting ... Maybe we all just knew less back then and accepted it as
good?

Norm

I believe that most 'men' viewing these are not concerned about the
lighting as much as... well... superfluous body parts and bulges. g

I seriously doubt most notice that the girls are posing with tools.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Astriapo

Greg G. wrote:
Norm Dresner said:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:16:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
shooter357 quickly quoth:

I'd swear that Miss September/October is actress Colleen Camp

http://www.flickr.com/photos/umpqua/...in/set-917376/

what do you think

Gosh, I had thought he (Peter Gowland) was a better photographer than
that --- he was one of the Glamour Photography "gods" in the 60's and
70's -- but those pictures are just awful, awkward poses, little regard for
lighting ... Maybe we all just knew less back then and accepted it as
good?

Norm

I believe that most 'men' viewing these are not concerned about the
lighting as much as... well... superfluous body parts and bulges. g

I seriously doubt most notice that the girls are posing with tools.

Greg G.

There were girls in the pictures?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Calendar/
Your eyes will be pleased!

I TOLD you guys the calenders were still available!!

Not really. They do have calenders, but they no longer have pictures
of their tools in the calender.

--

FF

They had pictures with tools on them??
Musta been trick photography, all I saw was bikini's!
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking

" [I was in high
school during 75 & 76, so these are from my generation] "

Thats the year I was born, yet I still find them hot! Strangeling
appealing

Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 08:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 08:27 PM