DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What I want for Christmas - General toys on sale (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/129226-what-i-want-christmas-general-toys-sale.html)

Luigi Zanasi November 13th 05 10:02 PM

What I want for Christmas - General toys on sale

I went to my local Beaver Lumber/Home Hardware store today. While
doing my customary obeisance to the General 350 and surreptitiously
wiping my drool off, I noticed a flyer on the adjoining jointer.
General are having a sale. For those of you living so far in the
boondocks as to not have a local General distributor in your
neighbourhood, the flyers are he

http://www.general.ca/pagetitre/ang/promotions.html

Now Marilyn wants to buy me the 8" jointer for Christmas (the real
one, not the cheaper Chiwanese ones). Except I've got no room to put
it until I add the 8' to the shop next spring. On the other hand,
maybe I can put it on the mobile base. Anyway, I thought some of you
might be interested.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking

Greg G. November 13th 05 10:13 PM

Luigi Zanasi said:

I went to my local Beaver Lumber/Home Hardware store today. While
doing my customary obeisance to the General 350 and surreptitiously
wiping my drool off, I noticed a flyer on the adjoining jointer.
General are having a sale. For those of you living so far in the
boondocks as to not have a local General distributor in your
neighbourhood, the flyers are he

That would be the 650 for me... But, what is this?
Oh, My - American's have invaded the Canadian Marketing Departments.
Lasers on Bandsaws, and Millennium Edition tools.
Fear for you lives - RUN.... g

Greg G.

evodawg November 14th 05 04:31 AM

What I want for Christmas - General toys on sale

A 4 car garage!
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Brian Elfert November 14th 05 03:44 PM

Luigi Zanasi writes:

I went to my local Beaver Lumber/Home Hardware store today. While
doing my customary obeisance to the General 350 and surreptitiously
wiping my drool off, I noticed a flyer on the adjoining jointer.
General are having a sale. For those of you living so far in the
boondocks as to not have a local General distributor in your
neighbourhood, the flyers are he

http://www.general.ca/pagetitre/ang/promotions.html

Have General prices skyrocketed since 2002? I paid around $800 for the
Canadian 15" drill press in 2002.

The brochure shows a price of $1289 for the General 15" drill press.
Maybe this is an MSRP and the selling price is a lot less, I don't know.
I did find a online store listing the General 15" drill press for $1149.

Brian Elfert