DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Titebond III, how good is it? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/127146-re-titebond-iii-how-good.html)

Duane Bozarth October 30th 05 03:50 PM

Titebond III, how good is it?

Paul Mosley wrote:

How waterproof is it?
I just made a temporary 24" eavestrough out of scraps of 1x4 and plywood to get
me through to spring. Starting in a few days it will see constant water from
either heavy frost on the roof or melting snow.
It's not leaking now.
What kind of shape will it be in next spring?
This should be a pretty good test of the glue don't you think?

If anyone is interested I can post results in the spring.

The ply may be the weak point in this depending on what type it was and
how it was used in the construction.

If it isn't _standing_ water, I'd expect it to survive just fine.