DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Heating my shop. Two options both electric (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/125928-re-heating-my-shop-two-options-both-electric.html)

O D October 22nd 05 02:42 AM

Heating my shop. Two options both electric

Volts times amps give you watts. Every 1000 watts equal one KW you pay
the electric company for KW. Then you get 3.14 btu per watt. Go figure.
You can also mount the baseboard heater higher on the wall.

[email protected] October 22nd 05 08:26 PM

Heating my shop. Two options both electric

Small correction, the power company is paid for KW-hour, not per KW.
So you would pay say .07 (here in Louisville) to operate that 1000
watts for an hour. Or a 4800 Watt heater would cost 4.8* $0.07 per
hour, or about 34 cents to run for an hour, or $2.69 for the 8 hrs.

Jeff