J T

Default I MADE SOME SAWDUST CLAY

I used the 2 parts sawdust, 1 part flour, add water, recipe. Did
this about a week ago. Just made up a little. Used too much water, so
took about 3 day to properly. Turned out pretty good. Mix up a bunch
(without the water), it'll get rid of a lot of sawdust for you, and if
you give it to someone that thinks they can sculpture, it's a really
cheap gift.

Or, you can mix up a bunch (no water again), and give it to a child
care center, kindergarten, or similar, and it's a nice warm fuzzy gift,
give the kids some fun, and a good way to get rid of sawdust. I'd
screen it, for splinters, just-in-case.

I only mixed up about a small handful, just to try it. Seems like it
would be pretty durable, one it's dried out well, and maybe painted.
Not sure how it would sand, I'm thinking use finer sawdust, and it might
be OK. I think too, with real fine sawdust, it might make a decent wood
filler - but, I'd want to test it first.

JOAT
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person
who doesn't get it.

EXT

Sawdust, flour and water, been there, done that, as a child. It is not very
strong, does not last more than a couple of days without growing mould,
cannot be used in thick layers without turning sour or going mouldy before
it dries. I would not give it to anyone as a gift, as it has such limited
uses and useable life. Fine for playing with yourself or for your own child
where you can control its use and check it for turning bad.

"J T" wrote in message
[...]

CW

That's a new one.

"EXT" etonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM wrote in message
anews.com...

Fine for playing with yourself

J T

Sun, Oct 16, 2005, 5:07pm etonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM (EXT) who doth
sayt:
Sawdust, flour and water, been there, done that, as a child. It is not
very strong, does not last more than a couple of days without growing
mould, cannot be used in thick layers without turning sour or going
mouldy before it dries. snip

Well, I can't say I play with myself. Strength isn't an issue.
What I mixed up is solid, isn't getting moldy, doesn't seem to be sour
(don't know what you mean by sour even). No problem if it happens
anyway, give it to a kid(s), let 'em play with it, toss it after, give a
fresh batch next time.

If you're not happy with that recipe, then give us a recipe that
won't do all those bad things your're complaining about.

JOAT
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person
who doesn't get it.

What's an ammo can made out of [email protected] Metalworking 13 February 23rd 05 10:34 PM
Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 03:54 AM
Made it to Virginia safely Charlie Self Woodworking 2 June 19th 04 02:34 PM
Sawdust collection Woodspoiler UK diy 7 September 16th 03 04:24 PM
Making a ruin into something habitable. Liz UK diy 140 August 12th 03 01:03 PM