DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The Wreck's score - 68 noise to 9 signal. (On topic) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/123965-re-wrecks-score-68-noise-9-signal-topic.html)

John B October 8th 05 02:13 AM

The Wreck's score - 68 noise to 9 signal. (On topic)

wrote:
I'm a lurker -- a Canadian somewhat interested in woodworking. Been
following the wreck for a year or so --- started out getting some
useful information ... but I'm getting tired watching all the
political ideologues take over the wreck for the past few months.

Out of curiousity this morning, I hit "get unread messages" ... in
the past half dozen hours, there were 77 posts, 9 of which were even
remotely related to woodworking.

That's an eleven percent signal to noise ratio.

I don't have a big problem with off topic posts --- humour, home
repair questions, auto stuff, things like that. But I do have a
problem with the overhwhelming number of posts with U.S. political
and religious orientation.

This is an international forum. I don't see Canadians posting about
Canadian politics, Aussies posting about Aussie politics or Brits
posting about British poliltics. Many of us may have strong feelings
about our native political scenes .. but we do not think they should
be aired in a group dedicated to woodworking.

Perhaps you Americans could give the rest of us a break. If you want
to argue politics, do it somewhere more appropriate.

I'm interested in what Tom Watson, for example, thin ks about
woodworking; he has demonstratable expertise. I really don't care
what he thinks about politics or the state of the universe -- as far
as I can see, he has no credentials that would suggest any particular
insight..

And the same goes for all the others.

Go start an American political debate newsgroup.

Ken

Aussie Politics,
John Howard s Father was a master carpenter.

with one screw
he built a
5'10"
**** house.