DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Corner Cabinet Construction (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/122523-corner-cabinet-construction.html)

Mike Pio September 28th 05 08:59 PM

Corner Cabinet Construction

I'm building cabinets for my kitchen and the design calls for some 45 degree
corner cabinets. These will go at the end of a line of cabinets (both base
and wall). I'm using soft maple face frame construction and plywood boxes.
Before I re-invent the wheel, can you offer any tips/tricks on the face
frame construction for this type of cabinet and attaching the carcass to the
face frame? Is the face frame for a corner cabinet the same as a standard
cabinet, just cut the dadoes at a certain angle?

tia

-m

Leon September 28th 05 11:41 PM

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
I'm building cabinets for my kitchen and the design calls for some 45
degree corner cabinets. These will go at the end of a line of cabinets
(both base and wall). I'm using soft maple face frame construction and
plywood boxes. Before I re-invent the wheel, can you offer any tips/tricks
on the face frame construction for this type of cabinet and attaching the
carcass to the face frame? Is the face frame for a corner cabinet the
same as a standard cabinet, just cut the dadoes at a certain angle?

I would build the last regular and 45 degree cabinet as one unit. You can
easily make the 45 degree transition by using a 45 degree edge butted up to
a 90 degree edge and pocket holing the pieces together. The result will
hide the corner joint of the face frame. I can post a picture of a similar
setup if you like.

Mike Pio September 28th 05 11:50 PM

"Leon" wrote in message

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
I'm building cabinets for my kitchen and the design calls for some 45
degree corner cabinets. These will go at the end of a line of cabinets
(both base and wall). I'm using soft maple face frame construction and
plywood boxes. Before I re-invent the wheel, can you offer any
tips/tricks on the face frame construction for this type of cabinet and
attaching the carcass to the face frame? Is the face frame for a corner
cabinet the same as a standard cabinet, just cut the dadoes at a certain
angle?

I would build the last regular and 45 degree cabinet as one unit. You can
easily make the 45 degree transition by using a 45 degree edge butted up
to a 90 degree edge and pocket holing the pieces together. The result
will hide the corner joint of the face frame. I can post a picture of a
similar setup if you like.

I'd like to see that if it's not too much trouble...

Leon September 28th 05 11:54 PM

"Mike Pio" wrote in message

I'd like to see that if it's not too much trouble...

Do you prefer e-mail or can you see them in the a.b.p.w news group?

Mike Pio September 29th 05 12:29 AM

"Leon" wrote in message

"Mike Pio" wrote in message

I'd like to see that if it's not too much trouble...

Do you prefer e-mail or can you see them in the a.b.p.w news group?

Either way...whichever is easiest for you.

CC September 29th 05 12:51 AM

If you post them to abpw we can all see them.
thanks Leon
Chuck

Leon September 29th 05 12:57 AM

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
Either way...whichever is easiest for you.

I sent them to the news group.