Sasha

Default MinWax Wipe-On Poly problem

I rubbed MinWax Wipe-On Poly over stained pine and it got bad. I have
now several places with white muddy polyurethane spots. I don't know
why this happened and how to fix this. I followed instructions on can
and use cotton rugs. any help would be appreciated.

SonomaProducts.com

It sounds like a blush, moisture (water vapor) trapped under the poly.
Not usre how this happened. Was the stain completly dried? Was it
humid?

Regadless, try rubbing the spots with mineral oil or vasaline. Leave it
wet with the oil for a few hours and it "may" replace the water
moisture with clear oil. You actually should be in good shape if you
used the wipe on poly correctly and have just a very thin coat.

Other option invloves sandpaper. Lots of sandpaper.

Sergey Kubushin

Sasha wrote:
I rubbed MinWax Wipe-On Poly over stained pine and it got bad. I have
now several places with white muddy polyurethane spots. I don't know
why this happened and how to fix this. I followed instructions on can
and use cotton rugs. any help would be appreciated.

I've just finished a big built-in natural oak cabinet, 8 by 10 feet with
MinWax Wipe-On Poly and I'm very happy with the results. However I didn't
really wipe it on, used a brush instead. All the wood has been stained with
MinWax Red Oak stain.

White spots you mentioned are probably caused by moisture. Did you use a
water-based stain?

---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA Miracles require 24-hour notice. *