DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Air Brush & Pancake Compressor (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/121810-air-brush-pancake-compressor.html)

John Flatley September 22nd 05 01:20 PM

Air Brush & Pancake Compressor

I was wondering if a Pasche Airbrush can be used successfully with a
Porter-Cable CF2600R Pancake Compressor.

Any shared thoughts, comments or restrictions would be welcomed and
appreciated.

Jack

--
If you always do what you always did,
You will always get what you always got.

Edwin Pawlowski September 22nd 05 02:06 PM

"John Flatley" wrote in message
I was wondering if a Pasche Airbrush can be used successfully with a
Porter-Cable CF2600R Pancake Compressor.

Any shared thoughts, comments or restrictions would be welcomed and
appreciated.

You can support a bunch of airbrushes with that size compressor. I first
used on with a little tiny compressor and it worked OK. As always, with
paint, be sure the air is clean and dry.

Big John September 22nd 05 06:41 PM

John Flatley wrote:
I was wondering if a Pasche Airbrush can be used successfully with a
Porter-Cable CF2600R Pancake Compressor.

Any shared thoughts, comments or restrictions would be welcomed and
appreciated.

Jack

--
If you always do what you always did,
You will always get what you always got.

John - You should have no problems running an air brush with that
compressor. Most air brushes can actually run on a small can of
compressed air. I have a very small (table top) compressor with no tank
that works great on mine. Good luck with the air brush they can be a
lot of fun.

Big John

John Flatley September 22nd 05 06:42 PM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"John Flatley" wrote in message
I was wondering if a Pasche Airbrush can be used successfully with a
Porter-Cable CF2600R Pancake Compressor.

Any shared thoughts, comments or restrictions would be welcomed and
appreciated.

You can support a bunch of airbrushes with that size compressor. I first
used on with a little tiny compressor and it worked OK. As always,

with paint, be sure the air is clean and dry.

Ed, thanks for the response.

I don't have a problem with the clean air, but dry air in Florida is a tough
requirement, even without a hurricane on the way.

Jack

--
The world is just as you see it. It’s beautiful for those who look at its
positive aspects and a real hazard for those who think about its negative

Patriarch September 23rd 05 04:54 AM

"John Flatley" wrote in
:

You can support a bunch of airbrushes with that size compressor. I
first used on with a little tiny compressor and it worked OK. As
always,

with paint, be sure the air is clean and dry.

Ed, thanks for the response.

I don't have a problem with the clean air, but dry air in Florida is a
tough requirement, even without a hurricane on the way.

Jack

Ed's probably recommending a moisture & oil filter for the outlet side of
the tank. Not needed for a brad nailer, but important for spraying
coatings. Not expensive, unless you screw up a project.

Patriarch

B a r r y September 23rd 05 12:31 PM

John Flatley wrote:

I don't have a problem with the clean air, but dry air in Florida is a tough
requirement, even without a hurricane on the way.

Adding an 11 gal tank in the air line can help. I added a tee and quick
connect between my regulator and pressure valve. The tank can then be
easily removed if it's not needed. Mine is usually left connected,
charged, with the tank's valve shut off.

The large tank will allow the air to cool, with the moisture settling
out. The initial charge of the tank may take a while, but if you keep
it charged, future uses are easier.

Barry