DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Glue spots (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/121700-glue-spots.html)

John B September 21st 05 01:50 PM

Glue spots

This is a problem that has bitten me once again! No, not on wood, on my
clothes. As I was assembling a joint, it slipped and wiped glue across the
front of a clean pair of pants. Grrrrr! Anyone know how to get glue out of
fabric?

RonB September 21st 05 02:37 PM

Assuming use of white or yellow carpenter's glue; IMMEDIATELY strip, apply
one of the commercially available pre-wash stain removers (Spray n' Wash,
etc), rub the cleaner into the glue area, let it set for a few minutes,
reapply and wash with normal detergent.

Did this last week with a shirt and it came out clean.

Heloise
(AKA RonB)

jo4hn September 21st 05 03:49 PM

RonB wrote:

Assuming use of white or yellow carpenter's glue; IMMEDIATELY strip, apply
one of the commercially available pre-wash stain removers (Spray n' Wash,
etc), rub the cleaner into the glue area, let it set for a few minutes,
reapply and wash with normal detergent.

Did this last week with a shirt and it came out clean.

Heloise
(AKA RonB)

BEWARE! DANGER!! This is a scam to get you naked so photos can be
taken and blackmail applied. DAMHIKT.
shriek,
jo4hn

Andy September 21st 05 05:42 PM

A blowtorch would indeed do the trick. But if the white or yellow glue
is still wet, soaking and rubbing well in plenty of water should too,
and leave your clothes intact. Assuming the glue has dried, I think
you have a new pair of shop/lawnmowing pants. If it's dried, I would
try soaking in water, but I doubt it would all come out. What were you
doing wearing good clothes in the shop anyway?

SonomaProducts.com September 21st 05 06:14 PM

Scissors

[email protected] September 21st 05 08:44 PM

If you catch it before it hardens, just strip and toss in the wash NOW

If it has hardened, often a soak in vinegar will soften it and maybe
allow it to be washed out

John

Wood Butcher September 21st 05 08:45 PM

Once was enough for me to learn to use old clothes when
gluing. I DGAS about the glue anymore.

Art

"John B" wrote in message ...
This is a problem that has bitten me once again! No, not on wood, on my
clothes. As I was assembling a joint, it slipped and wiped glue across the
front of a clean pair of pants. Grrrrr! Anyone know how to get glue out of
fabric?

September 21st 05 09:50 PM

Apply some "DeGlue GOO" .. .. .. no kidding, the stuff actually does
exist, and it works !! !! !!

[email protected] September 21st 05 11:02 PM

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:49:06 -0700, jo4hn
wrote:

RonB wrote:

Assuming use of white or yellow carpenter's glue; IMMEDIATELY strip, apply
one of the commercially available pre-wash stain removers (Spray n' Wash,
etc), rub the cleaner into the glue area, let it set for a few minutes,
reapply and wash with normal detergent.

Did this last week with a shirt and it came out clean.

Heloise
(AKA RonB)

BEWARE! DANGER!! This is a scam to get you naked so photos can be
taken and blackmail applied. DAMHIKT.
shriek,
jo4hn

in my case having naked pictures of me in your possesion might make
you subject to blackmail....

Edwin Pawlowski September 22nd 05 12:46 AM

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
ups.com...
Scissors

You beat me to it.

I also wear a shop apron most of the time or clothes that I won't mind
having glue gobs on.

John B September 22nd 05 01:22 AM

"John B" wrote in message ...

This is a problem that has bitten me once again! No, not on wood, on my
clothes. As I was assembling a joint, it slipped and wiped glue across the
front of a clean pair of pants. Grrrrr! Anyone know how to get glue out of
fabric?

My work clothes can almost stand by themselves because of the glue and
paint. :)
John

Phisherman September 22nd 05 03:30 AM

wrote:

This is a problem that has bitten me once again! No, not on wood, on my
clothes. As I was assembling a joint, it slipped and wiped glue across the
front of a clean pair of pants. Grrrrr! Anyone know how to get glue out of
fabric?

Regular carpenters glue should wash out. Best to soak the garment in
soapy warm water overnight, apply vinegar to the spot, then wash.

[email protected] September 22nd 05 05:03 AM

John B wrote:
This is a problem that has bitten me once again! No, not on wood, on my
clothes. As I was assembling a joint, it slipped and wiped glue across the
front of a clean pair of pants. Grrrrr! Anyone know how to get glue out of
fabric?

Leave it in.

Now you won't look so-out-of-place in the contractor line-up at the
wholesaler when you turn up there at 6am with everybody else.