DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New adhesive for Formica or laminate countertop (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/121699-re-new-adhesive-formica-laminate-countertop.html)

[email protected] September 21st 05 12:03 PM

New adhesive for Formica or laminate countertop

Is there a new adhesive for Formica or Laminates? Has anyone used this
and what are the pros and cons compared to the old contact glue?

Robatoy September 21st 05 01:23 PM

In article . com,
wrote:

Is there a new adhesive for Formica or Laminates? Has anyone used this
and what are the pros and cons compared to the old contact glue?

Are you talking about propane powered Imperial adhesive or the Wilsonart
PVA?

tom September 21st 05 03:25 PM

I used some water-based Weldwood contact adhesive on some large
tabletops. Worked fine, cost about 30 bucks a gallon. They say it's
non-flammable, but I didn't try. Tom

[email protected] September 22nd 05 04:29 AM

I belive it to be the WIlsonart PVA. I am wanting a glue which allows
for minor adjustments after the pieces make contact.

Robatoy September 22nd 05 01:33 PM

In article .com,
wrote:

I belive it to be the WIlsonart PVA. I am wanting a glue which allows
for minor adjustments after the pieces make contact.

Ever so minor and ever so quickly. I use it to lay up those expensive
phenolic-backed metals. Make sure you double-coat the perimeter.