Rob V

Default Sources for UHMW or HDPE

Anyone have some good cheap sources for this stuff?

Im looking for a peice about 36" long x 4" wide about 3/4" or more
thickness.

Thanks,
Rob

You can reply to me at
r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
(remove the _ to get the address)

Duane Bozarth

Rob V wrote:

Anyone have some good cheap sources for this stuff?

Im looking for a peice about 36" long x 4" wide about 3/4" or more
thickness.

I don't think there are cheap sources (and it's going to get "less
cheap" the higher oil goes) unless you can find a fab facility w/ scrap.

Rockler and Woodworkers Supply I think I've seen it in catalogs...

Duane Bozarth

max wrote:

.... top posting repaired...

Rob V wrote:

Anyone have some good cheap sources for this stuff?

Im looking for a peice about 36" long x 4" wide about 3/4" or more
thickness.

I don't think there are cheap sources (and it's going to get "less
cheap" the higher oil goes) unless you can find a fab facility w/ scrap.

Rockler and Woodworkers Supply I think I've seen it in catalogs...

Machine tooling suppliers such as Enco, McMaster Carr and KBC sell it for
less than the woodworking stores.
max

Yeah, you know how it goes...I thought of that just after "RETURN"...

Rick M

"Rob V" wrote in message
Anyone have some good cheap sources for this stuff?

Im looking for a peice about 36" long x 4" wide about 3/4" or more
thickness.

Thanks,
Rob

You can reply to me at
r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
(remove the _ to get the address)

I've a pile of skeletons of 48" x 96" x 1" black HDPE that you can come and
haul off (as much as you want). Mostly irregular shapes, but may have enough
for what you want.

I'm near Winston-Salem, NC.

Regards,

Rick

hdpe can be had at resturant suppliers as cutting boards.

Mike in Arkansas

try Grainger.com as well. They may have a local store in your area.
Also, when I was looking for some there was quite a bit on ebay.

Tom

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:14:19 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Anyone have some good cheap sources for this stuff?

Im looking for a peice about 36" long x 4" wide about 3/4" or more
thickness.

Thanks,
Rob

You can reply to me at
r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m
(remove the _ to get the address)

Look for the plastics distributors such as Cadillac, Regal etc if
there is one in your town. Ask if they have any drops close to what
you need - much cheaper than having one cut. Good luck.