DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TREASURE CHEST (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/119391-treasure-chest.html)

J T September 2nd 05 01:59 AM

TREASURE CHEST

http://www.wayneofthewoods.com/treasurechest.html

I do believe that this is a new one for me. Not bad.

JOAT
Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.

Guess who September 2nd 05 07:13 AM

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:59:22 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.wayneofthewoods.com/treasurechest.html

I do believe that this is a new one for me. Not bad.

Right, not bad. It's terrible. You post some good ones now and then.
Better stick to them.

J T September 2nd 05 09:54 AM

Thu, Sep 1, 2005, 11:13pm (EDT-3) (Guess=A0who)
did orate:
Right, not bad. It's terrible. You post some good ones now and then.
Better stick to them.

Indeed, you are correct. It was utterly irresponsible, and
unconscionable, to post such a free plan. So, after much soul
searching, and web searching, I submit the following free woodworking
plan, as being worthy of your perusal.
http://www.leestyron.com/proj_banana.php

John B September 2nd 05 11:28 AM

J T wrote:
Thu, Sep 1, 2005, 11:13pm (EDT-3) (Guess who)
did orate:
Right, not bad. It's terrible. You post some good ones now and then.
Better stick to them.

Indeed, you are correct. It was utterly irresponsible, and
unconscionable, to post such a free plan. So, after much soul
searching, and web searching, I submit the following free woodworking
plan, as being worthy of your perusal.
http://www.leestyron.com/proj_banana.php

JOAT
Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.

G'day Joat,
Can't talk right now, am busy wiping coffee from the monitor. :)

John

Guess who September 2nd 05 05:42 PM

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 04:54:29 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Thu, Sep 1, 2005, 11:13pm (EDT-3)
(Guess*who)
did orate:
Right, not bad. It's terrible. You post some good ones now and then.
Better stick to them.

Indeed, you are correct. It was utterly irresponsible, and
unconscionable, to post such a free plan. So, after much soul
searching, and web searching, I submit the following free woodworking
plan, as being worthy of your perusal.
http://www.leestyron.com/proj_banana.php

Nobody's opinion but your own? If you read more carefully, you'd have
seen that you were actually complimented for having posted some good
plans; some I've used, thanks. But no-one must make comment if you
mess up now and then? Keep your "steenkin' plans".

J T September 2nd 05 07:44 PM

Fri, Sep 2, 2005, 10:28am (EDT+4)
(John=A0B)
G'day Joat,
Can't talk right now, am busy wiping coffee from the monitor. :)

Alas. Yet another faux pas on my part. I henceforth shall
endeaver to correct this latest social blunder by searching for, and
subsequently posting, free plans for a wooden monitor wiperr.

J T September 2nd 05 08:05 PM

Fri, Sep 2, 2005, 9:42am (EDT-3) (Guess=A0who)
did in reply state:
Nobody's opinion but your own? If you read more carefully, you'd have
seen that you were actually complimented for having posted some good
plans; some I've used, thanks. But no-one must make comment if you mess
up now and then? Keep your "steenkin' plans".

Yep, I saw where you did say:
"You post some good ones now and then. Better stick to them."

I thought this was a good plan, and still do. Simple, should be
fast and easy to make, inexpensive if you use plywood, something a kid
would love. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

[email protected] September 2nd 05 11:27 PM

J T wrote:
Fri, Sep 2, 2005, 9:42am (EDT-3) (Guess who)
did in reply state:
Nobody's opinion but your own? If you read more carefully, you'd have
seen that you were actually complimented for having posted some good
plans; some I've used, thanks. But no-one must make comment if you mess
up now and then? Keep your "steenkin' plans".

Yep, I saw where you did say:
"You post some good ones now and then. Better stick to them."

I thought this was a good plan, and still do. Simple, should be
fast and easy to make, inexpensive if you use plywood, something a kid
would love. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

Butt-ugly too, though a couple of heavy coats of paint or a different
choice of plywood might help.

Of course kids love stuff that's butt-ugly, hell some of them even
like me!

--

FF

J T September 2nd 05 11:57 PM

Fri, Sep 2, 2005, 3:27pm (EDT-3) does enlighten
us with:
Butt-ugly too, though a couple of heavy coats of paint or a different
choice of plywood might help.
Of course kids love stuff that's butt-ugly, hell some of them even like
me!

Yep, a well known fact that kids have no sense of good taste.
LMAO

Black paint, skull and crossbones. Instant pirate treasure chest.
The kid gets older, can repaint later. For a girl, flowers and bunnies
might work - or maybe not.