Default CHICAGO TOOL FLOOR DRILL PRESS, 16 SPEED QUALTY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHICAGO-TOOL-FLO...QQcmdZViewItem

This is a great deal Chicago tools has been around for many
generations.Don`t pay big Kash for brand names that are`nt built as
good.This is an industrial grade machine,not a pretty fluffy
eye candy JET.It even has a light!!!!!
Bidding is cheap!Don`t wait bid now!
THIS IS A CHICAGO TOOL FLOOR DRILL PRESS, 16 SPEED. MODEL DP16F. IT HAS
A 5/8" CAPACITY. MANUFACTURED DATE- 04-9103. SERIAL NUMBER: 00906. IN
GOOD CONDITION. HAS A LIGHT FOR EASIER VISION.

DRILL PRESS IS 5'2" TALL AND HAS A STAND THAT IS 10" TALL FOR A TOTAL
OF 6' TALL.

Chris

Anyone who buys from this fool is an idiot.
92% feedback is a JOKE
and a SPAMMER no less

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines... I will prefer buying from
Amazon instead!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...lty-39514-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!

And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!

And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

Nonsense!

Ever dropped one on your foot?

*g*

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2019 11:56 AM, dpb wrote:
On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!
And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

It depends.
Euro Tool DRL-300.00 12 lbs.
USI USRD64-5 8,580 lb.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2019 4:31 AM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 9/20/2019 11:56 AM, dpb wrote:
On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!
And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

It depends.
Euro Tool DRL-300.00Â*Â*Â* 12 lbs.
USI USRD64-5Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* 8,580 lb.

Chuckles...yea, _can_ be but the typical HF isn't so much.

As for eBay and heavy equipment I bought JLG 40H 40-ft boom manlift via
eBay almost 20 yr ago now. At the time the lift was in Chicago, the
broker in Florida and I in SW KS. Still using it; right now daily as
we're finishing up the house remodel and for second story work it's been
priceless. One of the biggest $5K bargains I've ever had. First got it
when started refoofing the 40-ft eave height barn.

It weighs something over 12,000 lb...and looks like this one
http://www.aerialsales.com/jlg-jlg-40h-manlift-16.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

Not sure why people are even talking about ordering heavy equipment from eBay. Personally, I have never bought anything heavy from eBay. But I have bought a few other heavy and or big items mail order. eBay is mail order. Push lawn mower and 60" TV. Both pretty big and heavy. The only thing that matters with mail order is cost and maybe how you can receive the item. For instance: The deliverer wants to charge you $1000 to deliver. Or the deliverer brings the 2 ton machine on a flatbed truck and you have no dock or forklift to get the item to the ground.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2019 3:22 PM, wrote:
Not sure why people are even talking about ordering heavy equipment
from eBay. Personally, I have never bought anything heavy from eBay.
But I have bought a few other heavy and or big items mail order.
eBay is mail order. Push lawn mower and 60" TV. Both pretty big and
heavy. The only thing that matters with mail order is cost and maybe
how you can receive the item. For instance: The deliverer wants to
charge you $1000 to deliver. Or the deliverer brings the 2 ton
machine on a flatbed truck and you have no dock or forklift to get
the item to the ground.

Well, one does have to have the facilities to handle what you order,
yes. That goes w/o saying, but it's no different if you order something
heavy from any place online that doesn't have local brick and mortar
facilities.

The 12K manlift was delivered from Chicago as part of the deal for a
"not to exceed" $800 charge and I arranged with the local rental
equipment yard for them to offload there and then I roaded it home.
(That was a bad idea, I didn't realize how slow the highest travel speed
for one of those bad boys was and it took me almost six hours to cover
the four miles. Do it again and I'd pay them their trailer fee or talk
the JD dealer to do so. But, the actual shipping because the broker
arrange partial load pricing ended up at only $600.

I could have offloaded here except the heavy ramp was occupied by the
combine at the time and harvest-related operations far exceeded this in
importance so it wasn't convenient to have it out of the way when needed.

But, you'll pay for transportation however you go, some of it may be
hidden with some vendors but even the new car at the dealearship in town
will have a transportation surcharge--just how much they'll "eat" is
dependent upon how hungry they are at the time.

The local JD dealership sells used equipment trade ins on internet all
over the US and even to Mexico and Canada. He has three full-time
drivers delivering stuff. It's still cost-effective to the purchaser
because large, low-hour used equipment is still markedly cheaper than
new and such is not nearly as common in those areas.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2019 11:56 AM, dpb wrote:
[...]

If I had a friend with one of those, I'd never hire a tree service
again ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:14:01 +0000, spweb
m wrote:

replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines... I will prefer buying from
Amazon instead!

That very much depends on where you are and what you're buying.

I've ordered things where I knew the combined package weight was
greater than I wanted to handle, but I can open boxes on the porch and
bring things in as I can carry them. For things well over 100lbs,
I'll have a cart out and take it to the UPS truck. The driver won't
complain ;-)

Even bigger things? You need to know what delivery options you have
before you buy.

Because the local area is semi-solar-friendly, people buy houses with
solar power on the roof and then want it off. Great deals on
2-year-old solar panels and sometimes on batteries. I have a pickup
so I can move solar panels and batteries easily. Most of my "Wait
until daylight" solar-charged backup power system (solar generator)
was acquired used, much of it at less than $0.50 on the dollar of new
cost.

Check all the options and then put together what works for you. I'm
typing on a 12 year old Dell laptop because I like the keyboard and
display (it's what I write books on) and replacement laptops are $100
or less - I've been cloning the hard drive (now an SSD) when I need to
move to a bigger drive. First "End of civilization as we know it"
novel is he https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVU5ILA
1700 buyers can't all be wrong ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:56:32 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!

And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

Mine is 250#. More than I want to lift.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 10:20:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:56:32 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!

And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

Mine is 250#. More than I want to lift.

Agree. My 60 inch TV is ONLY about 100 pounds. Light, I guess. But its kind of hard to pick up and move. About 5 feet wide and 4 feet high. With a 2 foot by 2 foot base on it. Hard to just pick it up and move it. If I wanted to do that. I know when I bought it I had a friend come over and help me carry it in from the garage and help set it up and move it to its final spot. Lot heavier and awkward than I can move.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 21:53:22 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 10:20:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:56:32 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!

And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

Mine is 250#. More than I want to lift.

Agree. My 60 inch TV is ONLY about 100 pounds.

That's heavy. A 65" OLED LG (which is at the moment as good as it
gets in a 65" TV) weighs 55.

Light, I guess. But its kind of hard to pick up and move. About 5 feet wide and 4 feet high. With a 2 foot by 2 foot base on it. Hard to just pick it up and move it. If I wanted to do that. I know when I bought it I had a friend come over and help me carry it in from the garage and help set it up and move it to its final spot. Lot heavier and awkward than I can move.

Yeah, the problem with TVs is that they're an awkward size and shape.
When I got my last one the guy at Best Buy carried it out to the car
by himself standing on end. But I made sure to get some help
unpacking it and setting it up/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2019 8:28 PM, ads wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 14:44:41 -0500, dpb wrote:

As for eBay and heavy equipment I bought JLG 40H 40-ft boom manlift via
eBay almost 20 yr ago now. At the time the lift was in Chicago, the
broker in Florida and I in SW KS. Still using it; right now daily as
we're finishing up the house remodel and for second story work it's been
priceless. One of the biggest $5K bargains I've ever had. First got it
when started reroofing the 40-ft height barn.

It weighs something over 12,000 lb...and looks like this one
http://www.aerialsales.com/jlg-jlg-40h-manlift-16.html

If I had a friend with one of those, I'd never hire a tree service
again ;-)

It has served the purpose a number of times, yes, and certainly beats
most alternatives altho the bulk makes a little difficult at times to
get where one needs to be. The absolutely key thing to remember with
these is unlike electrical service boom trucks, the platform on these is
_NOT_ insulated so must _NOT_ even think about trying to get close to
live lines...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:07:56 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 9/21/2019 8:28 PM, ads wrote:
[...]

Utilities are underground here, so not a problem for me. Definitely a
concern for others.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/21/2019 8:28 PM, ads wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 14:44:41 -0500, dpb wrote:

As for eBay and heavy equipment I bought JLG 40H 40-ft boom manlift...

It weighs something over 12,000 lb...and looks like this one
http://www.aerialsales.com/jlg-jlg-40h-manlift-16.html

If I had a friend with one of those, I'd never hire a tree service
again ;-)

It has served the purpose a number of times, yes, and certainly beats
most alternatives altho the bulk makes a little difficult at times to
get where one needs to be. The absolutely key thing to remember with
these is unlike electrical service boom trucks, the platform on these is
_NOT_ insulated so must _NOT_ even think about trying to get close to
live lines...

Utilities are underground here, so not a problem for me. Definitely a
concern for others.

A commercial trimmer dude got his bucket truck into line earlier this
summer and was electrocuted in Wichita. I'm sure there are quite a
number every year...

Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Woodworking 4 April 13th 05 02:50 AM
Wall speed controls for ceiling fans Wayne Whitney Home Repair 2 January 26th 05 12:42 AM
Proper speed for drill press? Ksu93dlv Woodworking 8 December 31st 03 12:10 AM
Dremal tool speed control Cuezilla Metalworking 25 November 24th 03 08:17 PM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 03:15 AM