DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   MURPHY BED (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/118733-murphy-bed.html)

J T August 28th 05 01:27 AM

MURPHY BED

http://www.workbenchmagazine.com/mai...rphy%20Bed.pdf

Who was Murphy anyway?

JOAT
The grass on the other side of the fence is seldom greener. It just
gets more media attention.

RayV August 29th 05 01:37 PM

Murphy bed
Folding bed
The original Murphy Bed was invented by Californian, William L Murphy
(although the term is now sometimes used for any folding bed which can
be stored in a cupboard). William Murphy actually got his first patent
for a folding bed in 1900, and in the same year he set up the Murphy
Door Bed Company". But the bed that most people think of when they
think of a Murphy Bed is the "pivot bed", with he invented in 1918, and
which pivoted into the doorway of a bedroom cupbiard. Murphy went on to
invent further space-saving furniture.

According to:

http://www.miketodd.net/lexicon/lex_m.htm

J T August 29th 05 01:55 PM

Mon, Aug 29, 2005, 5:37am (EDT-3) (RayV) burbled
a bunch of stuff:

Foolish me, I actually didn't think I had to say - it was a
rhetorical question.

JOAT
Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.