DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   MAKE DO WOOD LATHE (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/118679-make-do-wood-lathe.html)

J T August 27th 05 11:12 PM

MAKE DO WOOD LATHE

http://www.motherearthnews.com/top_a..._Do_Wood_Lathe

Ran across this, from looking for some info on outboard motors.
I'm not a great fan of plans from Mother Earch News. And, this is an
example why. I've seen considerably better lathe plans. Fine
Woodworking had a nice one some time back. If I was making a lathe, I'd
either make one like that, or possibly a treadle lathe. Be way cooler
than hacking together something like this - to my mind.

JOAT
The grass on the other side of the fence is seldom greener. It just
gets more media attention.