rickluce

Default Unisaw warped extension table

Hi All,
I've dealt with this problem long enough on my Unisaw and need a
fix. My particle board extension table has cupped with a crown on the
top going the long way down the middle. My plan is to get some poplar
or maple 4/4 and make a reinforcement frame to be Kreg screwed to the
underside of the extension to try to flaten it. Will this work, or
should I buy an new piece of mdf and remake the extension table( with
the reinforcement frame)?

Thanks,
don

Leon

"rickluce" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,
I've dealt with this problem long enough on my Unisaw and need a
fix. My particle board extension table has cupped with a crown on the
top going the long way down the middle. My plan is to get some poplar
or maple 4/4 and make a reinforcement frame to be Kreg screwed to the
underside of the extension to try to flaten it. Will this work, or
should I buy an new piece of mdf and remake the extension table( with
the reinforcement frame)?

It will probably be tough to eliminate all of the warp. Your best bet would
be to go with a new top and put plastic laminate on the top and bottom. The
piece on the bottom will equal out the moisture absorption and help prevent
warping.

rickluce

Thanks Leon,
That's what I was afraid of. More work!!!! Well...you don't get
into woodworking if your lazy.

Mike O.

On 23 Aug 2005 14:00:10 -0700, "rickluce"
wrote:

I've dealt with this problem long enough on my Unisaw and need a
fix. My particle board extension table has cupped with a crown on the
top going the long way down the middle. My plan is to get some poplar
or maple 4/4 and make a reinforcement frame to be Kreg screwed to the
underside of the extension to try to flaten it. Will this work, or
should I buy an new piece of mdf and remake the extension table( with
the reinforcement frame)?

What do you have to lose? Go ahead and make your frame and screw it
to the warped top. If it doesn't work to your satisfaction unscrew
the frame and use it on a new top. You haven't wasted anything but a
little time.

Mike O.

Pat Barber

Go he http://www.biesemeyer.com/commer_fence/index.htm

Download the instructions for the fence....

There is a short chapter on building a side table. It's a
dead simple ladder frame with a MDF and laminate covering.

It is an excellent, simple design that will NOT sag....

Here is a picture of mine:

http://home.att.net/~mboceanside/wsb...ID-638867.html

rickluce wrote:

Hi All,
I've dealt with this problem long enough on my Unisaw and need a
fix. My particle board extension table has cupped with a crown on the
top going the long way down the middle. My plan is to get some poplar
or maple 4/4 and make a reinforcement frame to be Kreg screwed to the
underside of the extension to try to flaten it. Will this work, or
should I buy an new piece of mdf and remake the extension table( with
the reinforcement frame)?

Thanks,
don

router/outfeed table; previously charted territory? Silvan Woodworking 7 January 18th 05 05:20 PM
TS Extension Table and Cast Iron Wing James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 8 January 10th 05 03:02 PM
Ping Pong Table [email protected] Woodworking 8 September 24th 04 10:26 PM
Old unisaw table different from new ones? Heath Roberts Woodworking 8 March 22nd 04 05:21 PM
Dewalt sliding table on my 1960s Unisaw Doug Payne Woodworking 0 August 4th 03 05:22 PM