DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wood Chisel Quality AND INFORMATION (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/117935-wood-chisel-quality-information.html)

thumbs August 22nd 05 09:07 PM

Wood Chisel Quality AND INFORMATION

Have found excellent info. on this forum about chisels. Have worked w/various brands of chisels (Mostly Cheap) and have been frustrated w/quality and frequency of sharpening needed. Was going to look for a set of quality chisels and mentioned it to a deceased friend's widow and she gave me a set of his. They have hardly been used and I have been unable to find info. on them.
On the handle they have a paper label which contains the following. BRACHT, in a triangle, w/ the words CARANITE, VANADIUM, AND WOLFRAM on the sides of the triangle. On the Blade it has: Wo-Va,
BRACHT(IN TRIANGLE), and #
26
Would appreciate any info as to: value, quality, origin, and care of them.
Thanks for any answers to my questions