DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone have a JDS Dust-Force dust collector? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/116829-anyone-have-jds-dust-force-dust-collector.html)

[email protected] August 12th 05 07:46 PM

Anyone have a JDS Dust-Force dust collector?

It's time to upgrade from the ol' Shop-Vac, and I'm purely a hobbyist.
I'd love an Oneida, but the budget just doesn't have an Onieda in it.

I know the JDS Dust-force is an electrical pig, pulling 16 amps at
start-up on 110v. I've got 20-amp outlets, so I'm not terribly worried
about that. (Besides, all my big iron is on 220v)

The specs on it are excellent:
1.5 hp
77 db
12" static pressure
1250 CFM
99+% at 1 micron

Does anyone have any experience with one yet?

Thanks in advance.

vdubbs August 12th 05 09:30 PM

wrote:
It's time to upgrade from the ol' Shop-Vac, and I'm purely a hobbyist.
I'd love an Oneida, but the budget just doesn't have an Onieda in it.

I know the JDS Dust-force is an electrical pig, pulling 16 amps at
start-up on 110v. I've got 20-amp outlets, so I'm not terribly worried
about that. (Besides, all my big iron is on 220v)

The specs on it are excellent:
1.5 hp
77 db
12" static pressure
1250 CFM
99+% at 1 micron

Does anyone have any experience with one yet?

Thanks in advance.

No input on what you are looking at, but here is some good info for
dust collection.

http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

Mike August 14th 05 07:26 PM

wrote:
It's time to upgrade from the ol' Shop-Vac, and I'm purely a hobbyist.
I'd love an Oneida, but the budget just doesn't have an Onieda in it.

I know the JDS Dust-force is an electrical pig, pulling 16 amps at
start-up on 110v. I've got 20-amp outlets, so I'm not terribly worried
about that. (Besides, all my big iron is on 220v)

snip
Does anyone have any experience with one yet?

I have one and, apart from aparently being rolled end-over-end during
transit, it works very well. I've mostly used it in a non-standard way
so far. I'm demoing some interior and I have the JDS in the garage
with 50' of cheap-o 4" hose run into the house to collect dust from the
sawzall, circular saw, router, etc. and it works really well. My
garage is currently wired with 15A breakers and I don't think it's
tripped one yet (I was worried about that happening but so far, so
good). HTH

Regards,
Mike

[email protected] August 15th 05 04:59 PM

Thanks you two...I'm going to pick one up at Woodcraft this week!