DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Dual" Craftsman table saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/113664-%22dual%22-craftsman-table-saw.html)

Unquestionably Confused July 17th 05 03:38 PM

"Dual" Craftsman table saw

I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4393374960&category=20 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ebay item #4393374960 if the link fails.

Strange

Leon July 17th 05 03:51 PM

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Yeah now that he has heard of the Combination and or General cutting blades
he no longer needs to have a saw equipped with both a dedicated rip and
dedicated cross cut blade.

John B July 17th 05 03:51 PM

Unquestionably Confused wrote:
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4393374960&category=20 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ebay item #4393374960 if the link fails.

Strange

Got me buggered, First I thought, probably good for ripping e.g., 2
pieces at once, but the saws are not adjustable and then again I don't
reckon I would like try it. I have enough problems keeping out of the
way of one madly spinning blade, never mind 2 ;)

Regards
John

toller July 17th 05 04:12 PM

I bought an old cast iron craftsman saw at a garage sale for $2 to (if I
ever get around to it) replace the stamped steel wing on my saw.
Maybe he had the same idea and got carried away?

Unquestionably Confused July 17th 05 04:20 PM

toller wrote:
I bought an old cast iron craftsman saw at a garage sale for $2 to (if I
ever get around to it) replace the stamped steel wing on my saw.
Maybe he had the same idea and got carried away?

Or perhaps he should have been.

It's heartening to see that no one else here seems to have figured out
what he was attempting to do. I was afraid thaat it was going to be
something totally obvious to everyone but me.g

Think I'll drop him a note and ask THE QUESTION. Good for a grin if
nothing else.

Charlie Self July 17th 05 04:35 PM

Unquestionably Confused wrote:
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4393374960&category=20 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ebay item #4393374960 if the link fails.

Strange

Not really. Look at the different rip capacities. I've got a buddy who
did pretty much the same thing, but kept the saw with the shortest rip
distance set up for dadoing.

Guess who July 17th 05 05:06 PM

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:38:59 GMT, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Because he's perfectly aware that *somewhere* out there, there's
somebody dumb as a sack of hammers who'll bid on it.

Swingman July 17th 05 05:35 PM

"Leon" wrote in message

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Yeah now that he has heard of the Combination and or General cutting

blades
he no longer needs to have a saw equipped with both a dedicated rip and
dedicated cross cut blade.

Looks convenient to me. In one of the pictures the saw on the left has a
dado stack mounted ... I would love to have the capability to keep a saw set
up for dadoes, or other uses, and be able to use the same fence and table
surface for ripping.

Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent
changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some fingerjoints
yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to get a good fit ...
you know the rest of the story. .

This would have solved the problem. Hmmmm ... I am thinking if two is good,
four has to be better? ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Unquestionably Confused July 17th 05 07:19 PM

Swingman wrote:

Looks convenient to me. In one of the pictures the saw on the left has a
dado stack mounted ... I would love to have the capability to keep a saw set
up for dadoes, or other uses, and be able to use the same fence and table
surface for ripping.

Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent
changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some fingerjoints
yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to get a good fit ...
you know the rest of the story. .

Apparently so did the guy posting this item on Ebay. Swingman is
correct according to the gent selling this. He e-mailed me privately
and told me that Swingman on the wreck was correct.

This would have solved the problem. Hmmmm ... I am thinking if two is good,
four has to be better? ;)

Somehow, I doubt it. If it was, the guy would have just added a couple
more saws rather than buying a new oneg

[email protected] July 17th 05 08:33 PM

It's obvious that the two blades are used for two different cutting
blades. If you can't figure that out then you're DUMBER than a sack of
hammers.