Old July 17th 05, 10:27 PM
Swingman

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message

Somehow, I doubt it. If it was, the guy would have just added a couple
more saws rather than buying a new oneg

Well, we can dream ... if I should somehow go to heaven, besides joining SRV
on bass in a three piece blues band, I am gonna request a nail gun for every
size nail, a router for every bit, a table saw for every blade, and a shop
of sufficient size to make Tom Plaman green with envy.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Old July 18th 05, 12:47 AM
Patriarch

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"Leon" wrote in message

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow
it escapes me at the moment.

Yeah now that he has heard of the Combination and or General cutting

blades
he no longer needs to have a saw equipped with both a dedicated rip
and dedicated cross cut blade.

Looks convenient to me. In one of the pictures the saw on the left has
a dado stack mounted ... I would love to have the capability to keep a
saw set up for dadoes, or other uses, and be able to use the same
fence and table surface for ripping.

Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent
changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some
fingerjoints yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to
get a good fit ... you know the rest of the story. .

This would have solved the problem. Hmmmm ... I am thinking if two is
good, four has to be better?

Didn't David Eisan have a TwoByUnisaw set up a while back?

Patriarch
Old July 18th 05, 02:18 AM
Unquestionably Confused

I can go along with everything but Tom's shop? Greedy *******, aren't you?

Old July 18th 05, 06:23 PM
Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message

Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent
changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some fingerjoints
yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to get a good fit
you know the rest of the story. .

The remedy is simple. Cut an extra 1 of everything that may be needed
because of a screw up during a complicated set up. Thay way you will never
need to undo the set up and it almost guarantees that you will not need the
extra pieces simply because they are available. At least it works that way
for me. LOL

Old July 19th 05, 04:39 AM
Mike O.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:38:59 GMT, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

Ahh...the memories.

Many years ago we had a job to build 140 video cassette display
cabinets for a convenience store chain. We had 280 4'x8' sheets of
various sheet goods that we needed to cut into 4'x4' pieces. At the
time we had two of the old Delta 10" saws with the chrome fence bars
that would only rip to 24". We bolted them both together and used
the fence on one saw to cut from the other. Of course we had to
measure to the fence since the scale was just a little bit off.:-)

Mike O.

Old July 19th 05, 07:55 AM
Dhakala

wrote:

I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Because he's perfectly aware that *somewhere* out there, there's
somebody dumb as a sack of hammers who'll bid on it.

Give Guess a see-gar! Somebody hit the "buy it now" button for $300.
:-)