Unquestionably Confused

Default "Dual" Craftsman table saw

I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4393374960&category=20 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ebay item #4393374960 if the link fails.

Strange
Leon

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Yeah now that he has heard of the Combination and or General cutting blades
he no longer needs to have a saw equipped with both a dedicated rip and
dedicated cross cut blade.

John B

Unquestionably Confused wrote:
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4393374960&category=20 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ebay item #4393374960 if the link fails.

Strange

Got me buggered, First I thought, probably good for ripping e.g., 2
pieces at once, but the saws are not adjustable and then again I don't
reckon I would like try it. I have enough problems keeping out of the
way of one madly spinning blade, never mind 2

Regards
John
toller

I bought an old cast iron craftsman saw at a garage sale for $2 to (if I
ever get around to it) replace the stamped steel wing on my saw.
Maybe he had the same idea and got carried away?

Unquestionably Confused

toller wrote:
I bought an old cast iron craftsman saw at a garage sale for $2 to (if I
ever get around to it) replace the stamped steel wing on my saw.
Maybe he had the same idea and got carried away?

Or perhaps he should have been.

It's heartening to see that no one else here seems to have figured out
what he was attempting to do. I was afraid thaat it was going to be
something totally obvious to everyone but me.g

Think I'll drop him a note and ask THE QUESTION. Good for a grin if
nothing else.

Charlie Self

Unquestionably Confused wrote:
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4393374960&category=20 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Ebay item #4393374960 if the link fails.

Strange

Not really. Look at the different rip capacities. I've got a buddy who
did pretty much the same thing, but kept the saw with the shortest rip
distance set up for dadoing.

Guess who

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:38:59 GMT, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Because he's perfectly aware that *somewhere* out there, there's
somebody dumb as a sack of hammers who'll bid on it.

Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Yeah now that he has heard of the Combination and or General cutting

blades
he no longer needs to have a saw equipped with both a dedicated rip and
dedicated cross cut blade.

Looks convenient to me. In one of the pictures the saw on the left has a
dado stack mounted ... I would love to have the capability to keep a saw set
up for dadoes, or other uses, and be able to use the same fence and table
surface for ripping.

Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent
changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some fingerjoints
yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to get a good fit ...
you know the rest of the story. .

This would have solved the problem. Hmmmm ... I am thinking if two is good,
four has to be better?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Unquestionably Confused

Swingman wrote:

Looks convenient to me. In one of the pictures the saw on the left has a
dado stack mounted ... I would love to have the capability to keep a saw set
up for dadoes, or other uses, and be able to use the same fence and table
surface for ripping.

Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent
changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some fingerjoints
yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to get a good fit ...
you know the rest of the story. .

Apparently so did the guy posting this item on Ebay. Swingman is
correct according to the gent selling this. He e-mailed me privately
and told me that Swingman on the wreck was correct.

This would have solved the problem. Hmmmm ... I am thinking if two is good,
four has to be better?

Somehow, I doubt it. If it was, the guy would have just added a couple
more saws rather than buying a new oneg

It's obvious that the two blades are used for two different cutting
blades. If you can't figure that out then you're DUMBER than a sack of
hammers.

Swingman

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message

Somehow, I doubt it. If it was, the guy would have just added a couple
more saws rather than buying a new oneg

Well, we can dream ... if I should somehow go to heaven, besides joining SRV
on bass in a three piece blues band, I am gonna request a nail gun for every
size nail, a router for every bit, a table saw for every blade, and a shop
of sufficient size to make Tom Plaman green with envy.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Patriarch

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"Leon" wrote in message

[...]

Didn't David Eisan have a TwoByUnisaw set up a while back?

Patriarch
Unquestionably Confused

Swingman wrote:
"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message

Somehow, I doubt it. If it was, the guy would have just added a couple
more saws rather than buying a new oneg

Well, we can dream ... if I should somehow go to heaven, besides joining SRV
on bass in a three piece blues band, I am gonna request a nail gun for every
size nail, a router for every bit, a table saw for every blade, and a shop
of sufficient size to make Tom Plaman green with envy.

I can go along with everything but Tom's shop? Greedy *******, aren't you?

Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message

Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent
changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some fingerjoints
yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to get a good fit
you know the rest of the story. .

The remedy is simple. Cut an extra 1 of everything that may be needed
because of a screw up during a complicated set up. Thay way you will never
need to undo the set up and it almost guarantees that you will not need the
extra pieces simply because they are available. At least it works that way
for me. LOL

Mike O.

wrote:

Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.

Ahh...the memories.

Many years ago we had a job to build 140 video cassette display
cabinets for a convenience store chain. We had 280 4'x8' sheets of
various sheet goods that we needed to cut into 4'x4' pieces. At the
time we had two of the old Delta 10" saws with the chrome fence bars
that would only rip to 24". We bolted them both together and used
the fence on one saw to cut from the other. Of course we had to
measure to the fence since the scale was just a little bit off.:-)

Mike O.

Dhakala

wrote:

I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it
escapes me at the moment.

Because he's perfectly aware that *somewhere* out there, there's
somebody dumb as a sack of hammers who'll bid on it.

Give Guess a see-gar! Somebody hit the "buy it now" button for $300.
:-)