DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Boton area/source for raw fencing lumber? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/113042-boton-area-source-raw-fencing-lumber.html)

John Doe July 11th 05 04:39 PM

Boton area/source for raw fencing lumber?

I know the odds on this query are low....

I'm looking for rough-cut lumber to make into inexpensive fencing.
It doesn't have to be super grade, lower cost is important.

I mostly want to get the project done quickly, and maybe end up
with something a little better looking than stockade fence. I'm
doing a fairly short run, maybe 60 feet.

I've looked in google and woodfinder, didn't see anything specific
that looked useful. (A couple of good looking hardwood suppliers
that were new to me, though.)

The Lowes stores have "dog-ear" fencing boards, 6" by 6 feet for
$1.40 or so. Unspecified wood species. That's probably my
fallback on this.

I'd drive an hour and a half north or west, if prices were very
good.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edwin Pawlowski July 12th 05 03:20 AM

"John Doe" wrote in message

I know the odds on this query are low....

I'd drive an hour and a half north or west, if prices were very
good.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Where is Boton? Why wouldn't you go south or east?

Phillip Hallam-Baker July 12th 05 04:56 AM

Where is Boton? Why wouldn't you go south or east?

Google Earth has 'here be draggons' on that part of the map.

John Doe July 12th 05 02:58 PM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:BNFAe.814$Ih7.139
@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

"John Doe" wrote in message

I know the odds on this query are low....

I'd drive an hour and a half north or west, if prices were very
good.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Where is Boton? Why wouldn't you go south or east?

My fault; meant to say "Boston" (Massachusetts).

The areas north and west are closer to the trees, I assumed
that any good source would be in those zones.

Not as fun as the here-there-be suggestion....

Dave W July 12th 05 04:14 PM

Green raw pine here is $.50/bf, cedar (eastern white) is $1.00/bf. Location
is Maine 3 hr from Boston.
Dave

Typo in previous version...

John Doe July 13th 05 02:50 PM

"Dave W" wrote in
:

Green raw pine here is $.50/bf, cedar (eastern white) is $1.00/bf.
Location is Maine 3 hr from Boston.
Dave

Hi, thnaks for the info. That might be a little too far for me
to be practical, but do you have a particular business in mind?

Hmmm, 3 hours might get me to around Augusta, maybe?