Lew Hodgett

Default Only The Brits

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

Lew
Dhakala

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

LOL! Yes, it does.

I really wish I knew where you found that headline.

Dhakala

Ah-ha! The Daily Star, July 8.

Robatoy

In article . net,
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

Lew

I believe it was Churchill who said: ( I recite from memory..)

"The worse they get,
the better WE get."

Edwin Pawlowski

"Graham Walters" wrote in message

It's a national tabloid newspaper, not just available in London...

Sums it up rather well I think...

Graham

Brits tend to have better headlines than the US. I thought it was very
good.

OTOH, I saw the Queen visiting the injured. Have they not suffered enough?

Badger

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
OTOH, I saw the Queen visiting the injured. Have they not suffered enough?

Yep, she should have gone before chaz and his fluzee, then they could
have pretended to be asleep!
mike hide

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Graham Walters" wrote in message

It's a national tabloid newspaper, not just available in London...

Sums it up rather well I think...

Graham

Brits tend to have better headlines than the US. I thought it was very
good.

OTOH, I saw the Queen visiting the injured. Have they not suffered

enough?

To heck with the queen ,camilla , the royal whore was visiting the injured
can you believe that...

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 14:15:28 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

OTOH, I saw the Queen visiting the injured. Have they not suffered enough?

We like the Queen. It's the offspring and hangers-on we don't care for.

In the '80s I carried a card in my wallet, as did many others. It was a
facsimile of the standard organ donor consent card, but this one said
"In the event of a major accident, I do not want Margaret Thatcher to
pose next to my bedside."

You'll note that Blair has been light on his visiting the injured
duties. Now _he'd_ be lynched on the spot.
Dave Balderstone

In article , Graham Walters
wrote:

Sums it up rather well I think...

I'm in awe of this site...

http://www.werenotafraid.com/

djb

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com

John DeBoo

Dhakala wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

LOL! Yes, it does.

I really wish I knew where you found that headline.

For sure it would never appear in a US news(?)paper as the liberals
would be crying about the use of the word and less about the events that
led to its use.
John
Dhakala

John DeBoo wrote:
Dhakala wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

LOL! Yes, it does.

I really wish I knew where you found that headline.

For sure it would never appear in a US news(?)paper as the liberals
would be crying about the use of the word and less about the events that
led to its use.

Well, someone in another group told me a San Francisco newspaper used
the same headline on Sept. 12, 2001. :-)

Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 12:48:20 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Graham Walters
wrote:

Sums it up rather well I think...

I'm in awe of this site...

http://www.werenotafraid.com/

djb

Thanks for the link. Some gems on there.

Robatoy

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:

You'll note that Blair has been light on his visiting the injured
duties. Now _he'd_ be lynched on the spot.

He really must be more careful with whom he sleeps.
Charlie Self

Dhakala wrote:
John DeBoo wrote:
Dhakala wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

LOL! Yes, it does.

I really wish I knew where you found that headline.

For sure it would never appear in a US news(?)paper as the liberals
would be crying about the use of the word and less about the events that
led to its use.

Well, someone in another group told me a San Francisco newspaper used
the same headline on Sept. 12, 2001. :-)

Whoa! I didn't know SF was a center of neo-con sentiment. Oh. Right.
It's probably the most liberal city in the U.S.

Mr. DeBoos seems to be suffering from hardening of the preconceptions.

John DeBoo

Dhakala wrote:

John DeBoo wrote:

Dhakala wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

LOL! Yes, it does.

I really wish I knew where you found that headline.

For sure it would never appear in a US news(?)paper as the liberals
would be crying about the use of the word and less about the events that
led to its use.

Well, someone in another group told me a San Francisco newspaper used
the same headline on Sept. 12, 2001. :-)

They might well have, but then SF has always traveled to the beat of a
different drum than the majority of the US. It's really sad that such
things have to occur, the terrorist attacks. I've traced my family
roots back to 1796 in the UK.
John
John DeBoo

Charlie Self wrote:

Dhakala wrote:

John DeBoo wrote:

Dhakala wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

LOL! Yes, it does.

I really wish I knew where you found that headline.

For sure it would never appear in a US news(?)paper as the liberals
would be crying about the use of the word and less about the events that
led to its use.

Well, someone in another group told me a San Francisco newspaper used
the same headline on Sept. 12, 2001. :-)

Whoa! I didn't know SF was a center of neo-con sentiment. Oh. Right.
It's probably the most liberal city in the U.S.

Mr. DeBoos seems to be suffering from hardening of the preconceptions.

Preconceptions my eye, personally observed facts! I love the city and
think its beautiful, but... I don't live there but have visited many
times, however no matter how you slice it, SF travels to the beat of a
different drum - period. SF is one of a few cities that could get away
with posting *******S on their papers, the rest of this country would
have a freaking heart attack!
John
Prometheus

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:19:00 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

Dhakala wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Saw a headline from one of the daily London rags:

*******S.

Says a whole bunch about the British resolve if you ask me.

LOL! Yes, it does.

I really wish I knew where you found that headline.

For sure it would never appear in a US news(?)paper as the liberals
would be crying about the use of the word and less about the events that
led to its use.

John, you're kinda off-base. Don't forget that the "them" you're so
sore at are the wanton heathens, and your beloved conservatives are
the law-and-order straight-laced moralists who don't care for naughty
words and love Jesus. It's alright to disagree with anyone you like,
but try to keep track of what your good ol' boys are all about.

The pertinent point Charlie was making had to do with preconceptions,
which you deftly dance around. Starting with seeming sneering at
"liberals", however you'd characterize such as a subset of humanity.

May I humbly request that you chill out, relax, and resume evolving?

Rather than liberal/conservative, you might split populations along
progressive/reactionary lines. Good thing for progressives
historically, or we'd still be bowing to the crown.

Given the current crop of reactionaries (W, Cheney, Rummy, Rove, ad
nauseam) and the prospect of Secretaries of Faith and Propaganda, we
need to muster all the progressives we can.

TTFN,

Mark & Juanita

wrote in news:1121113182.200591.116440
:

The pertinent point Charlie was making had to do with preconceptions,
which you deftly dance around. Starting with seeming sneering at
"liberals", however you'd characterize such as a subset of humanity.

May I humbly request that you chill out, relax, and resume evolving?

Rather than liberal/conservative, you might split populations along
progressive/reactionary lines. Good thing for progressives
historically, or we'd still be bowing to the crown.

Perhaps better would be "statists", "libertarians" (with a small "l").
Your "progressives" are actually statists who would have been the ones
advocating for the crown and stronger government control.

Given the current crop of reactionaries (W, Cheney, Rummy, Rove, ad
nauseam) and the prospect of Secretaries of Faith and Propaganda, we
need to muster all the progressives we can.

As opposed to the prior crop of numbed, unresponsive heads of state who
were content to only voice verbal disapproval of various terrorist
activities?