DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Funny woodworking phrases on stuff (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/111662-funny-woodworking-phrases-stuff.html)

Covey July 6th 05 11:05 PM

Funny woodworking phrases on stuff

We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on
stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..

Also affiliated with Rockler.com.

Is it okay to post a link to the shop?

Duane Bozarth July 7th 05 12:16 AM

Covey wrote:

We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on
stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..

Also affiliated with Rockler.com.

Is it okay to post a link to the shop?

Strictly speaking, no...a once only probably wouldn't get too much
flack, but be prepared there will be flamers if you do... :)

I think those w/ real ww tools/services get looked upon as a service it
it's infrequent and not too blatant. Other ancillary stuff is more
prone the farther it is from actual working wood...

Tim Douglass July 7th 05 01:39 AM

On 6 Jul 2005 14:05:49 -0700, "Covey" wrote:

We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on
stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..

Also affiliated with Rockler.com.

Is it okay to post a link to the shop?

Put it in your sig and participate in lots of discussions. ;-)

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Dave Balderstone July 7th 05 02:14 AM

In article , Tim Douglass
wrote:

On 6 Jul 2005 14:05:49 -0700, "Covey" wrote:

We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on
stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..

Also affiliated with Rockler.com.

Is it okay to post a link to the shop?

Put it in your sig and participate in lots of discussions. ;-)

What Tim said.

Folks 'round here don't mind some self-promotion by those who are
active participants in the community. It's them what breeze in, drop an
ad, and breeze out again that are scorned.

djb

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com

Wally July 7th 05 02:26 AM

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:39:17 -0700, Tim Douglass
wrote:

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Gheeez, is this Karla Homolka's signature?

Wally

[email protected] July 7th 05 05:33 AM

On 6 Jul 2005 14:05:49 -0700, "Covey" wrote:

We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on
stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..

Also affiliated with Rockler.com.

Is it okay to post a link to the shop?

this is the wreck. it's also usenet. so nobody has authority to tell
you that you can't. you have to decide for yourself.

if you do, you'll be accused of spamming. thing is, the wreck runs a
big 'ol double standard about spamming... as long as your stuff is
truly cool and you don't act like an ass you'll probably be welcomed
with open arms.

'sides, spam or not, it's on topic....

Dave in Fairfax July 7th 05 01:56 PM

s wrote:
this is the wreck. it's also usenet. so nobody has authority to tell
you that you can't. you have to decide for yourself.
if you do, you'll be accused of spamming. thing is, the wreck runs a
big 'ol double standard about spamming... as long as your stuff is
truly cool and you don't act like an ass you'll probably be welcomed
with open arms.
'sides, spam or not, it's on topic....

It's true that there aren't any LAWS about what can and can't be done,
but there are conventions. The wRECk runs on the same conventions that
Badger Pond used to. ACTIVE posters can run an ad once a month or so.
Fly-by posters of ads aren't welcome to do the same. Ads that lead back
to places like Rocklers generally aren't accepted because MS Rockler
doesn't show up here, the company just specializes in links from a lot
of site, like Amazon does. Lee Valley IS accepted because Robin posts
here very regularly and doesn't fill the web with redirects.
Hope that helpls,
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Covey July 7th 05 05:17 PM

We've just taken some time at this cafepress thing to make some of the
popular sayings in woodworking available on things that can be worn or
used in order to promote woodworking in a unique way.

I figure everyone here knows of the tool and supply retailers. This is
not intended to promote those links.

If anyone has suggestions on which items are the best they will be
appreciated. We'd like to make a storefront of the best ones according
to woodworkers themselves. And if there's is anything you would like to
see please do suggest it.

This is just for fun folks. Just hoping you might get a chuckle. And to
show how cool my shop-dog is:-)

If you click on the phrase/designs it will take you to the items that
are available with it on them.
http://www.cafepress.com/djkassoc

Didn't want to offend anyone. That's why I asked.

Vic Baron July 7th 05 05:30 PM

This is just for fun folks. Just hoping you might get a chuckle. And to
show how cool my shop-dog is:-)

If you click on the phrase/designs it will take you to the items that
are available with it on them.
http://www.cafepress.com/djkassoc

Didn't want to offend anyone. That's why I asked.

At least YOU asked - there are some.......

Nice dog and interesting site - good luck.

Vic

Pounds on Wood July 7th 05 05:48 PM

"Covey" wrote in message
oups.com...

This is just for fun folks. Just hoping you might get a chuckle. And to
show how cool my shop-dog is:-)

If you click on the phrase/designs it will take you to the items that
are available with it on them.
http://www.cafepress.com/djkassoc

Didn't want to offend anyone. That's why I asked.

Looks like the kind of crap you get for fathers day, then feel obliged to
wear at least once, then never again. Sorry, I'm just not into looking
cute.

I'm sure you will sell some - to some poor *******s.
--
********
Bill Pounds

Tim Douglass July 7th 05 05:50 PM

wrote:

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Gheeez, is this Karla Homolka's signature?

I stole it from somewhere. Don't remember where.

Robatoy July 7th 05 06:39 PM

In article .com,
"Covey" wrote:

Didn't want to offend anyone. That's why I asked.

"Hold my wood, baby??"

That's a bit lame, isn't it?

Philip Lewis July 7th 05 07:50 PM

Robatoy writes:
"Hold my wood, baby??"
That's a bit lame, isn't it?

I know we can do better...
Warning... some are somewhat crude... but that's sometimes the point,
isn't it. ;)

How about:
001. Want to play mortise and tenon?
002. Want to see my curlies?
003. It's not just sharp, it's scary.
004. I have some excess moisture in my wood i need to get rid of.
005. I'm an expert at French polishing.
006. I have some lovely crotch wood I'd like to show you.
http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/person.../_crotches.htm
007. You have a lovely tail, dove.

(add your lines here :)

--
be safe.
flip

gw July 7th 05 08:21 PM

"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
I know we can do better...
Warning... some are somewhat crude... but that's sometimes the point,
isn't it. ;)

How about:
001. Want to play mortise and tenon?
002. Want to see my curlies?
003. It's not just sharp, it's scary.
004. I have some excess moisture in my wood i need to get rid of.
005. I'm an expert at French polishing.
006. I have some lovely crotch wood I'd like to show you.
http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/person.../_crotches.htm
007. You have a lovely tail, dove.

(add your lines here :)

I'd plow a dado in that any day.

Wanna play with my tools?

Got Wood? Want some?

Nice Shaker Pegs.

My other tool is a 10 inch SAW.

Pounds on Wood July 7th 05 09:35 PM

"gw" wrote in message

"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
I know we can do better...
Warning... some are somewhat crude... but that's sometimes the point,
isn't it. ;)

How about:
001. Want to play mortise and tenon?
002. Want to see my curlies?
003. It's not just sharp, it's scary.
004. I have some excess moisture in my wood i need to get rid of.
005. I'm an expert at French polishing.
006. I have some lovely crotch wood I'd like to show you.
http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/person.../_crotches.htm
007. You have a lovely tail, dove.

(add your lines here :)

I'd plow a dado in that any day.

Wanna play with my tools?

Got Wood? Want some?

Nice Shaker Pegs.

My other tool is a 10 inch SAW.

Wanna see my (clamp) rack?
Woodworkers do it by hand.

--
********
Bill Pounds

gw July 7th 05 10:50 PM

"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message

Wanna see my (clamp) rack?
Woodworkers do it by hand.

--

I'm a Real Man -
I never use a guard on my tool.

BLO me.

Shave or sand?

Do you want me to finger-joint that box?

Ever had a McFeely screw?

foggytown July 8th 05 11:26 AM

Covey wrote:
We've just taken some time at this cafepress thing to make some of the
popular sayings in woodworking available on things that can be worn or
used in order to promote woodworking in a unique way.

You mean popular sayings like, "Awww ****!" "OUCH!" "How the hell did
THAT happen?" "DAMMIT!" "Now where's that $*=A3@# pencil?"

FoggyTown

Thomas Bunetta July 8th 05 11:50 AM

"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...

Covey wrote:
We've just taken some time at this cafepress thing to make some of the
popular sayings in woodworking available on things that can be worn or
used in order to promote woodworking in a unique way.

You mean popular sayings like, "Awww ****!" "OUCH!" "How the hell did
THAT happen?" "DAMMIT!" "Now where's that $*£@# pencil?"

FoggyTown

You have a recorder in my shop?
Tom

[email protected] July 8th 05 02:37 PM

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:56:02 GMT, Dave in Fairfax

this is the wreck. it's also usenet. so nobody has authority to tell
you that you can't. you have to decide for yourself.
if you do, you'll be accused of spamming. thing is, the wreck runs a
big 'ol double standard about spamming... as long as your stuff is
truly cool and you don't act like an ass you'll probably be welcomed
with open arms.
'sides, spam or not, it's on topic....

It's true that there aren't any LAWS about what can and can't be done,
but there are conventions. The wRECk runs on the same conventions that
Badger Pond used to.

the pond was formed because there was no oversight of the wreck. it
was moderated, which the wreck is not. if you object to off topic
posts, trolls, porn or whatnot being posted on the wreck, your options
are to flame the poster of said crap (might make -you- feel better,
but that's all), filter the thread or go away. that's life on usenet.

ACTIVE posters can run an ad once a month or so.

sez who?

Fly-by posters of ads aren't welcome to do the same

sez who?

. Ads that lead back to places like Rocklers generally aren't accepted

sez who?

because MS Rockler
doesn't show up here, the company just specializes in links from a lot
of site, like Amazon does.

Lee Valley IS accepted because Robin posts
here very regularly and doesn't fill the web with redirects.

sez who?

Hope that helpls,
Dave in Fairfax, netcop wannabe

[email protected] July 8th 05 05:13 PM

You guys are no less than Fantastic. I was hoping the posting would be
taken in the best regard. And it seems it has.

We've taken the affiliate merchant links down for now so nobody is
concerned.

I do wonder about that "Hold My wood...." comment. It might be seen as
a bit lame. Although some women woodworkers might find it amusing.

All your suggestions are great. We'll try to use some of those and
probably put some items with a little more warning of their possibly
offensive nature.

Thank You fellow "wreckers". This was very helpful. I'll be staying
active here.

Philip Lewis July 8th 05 09:11 PM

"foggytown" writes:
"Now where's that $*=A3@# pencil?"

how about:
"Flat pencil appearance."

;)

Edwin Pawlowski July 9th 05 05:35 AM

wrote in message

Lee Valley IS accepted because Robin posts
here very regularly and doesn't fill the web with redirects.

sez who?

But Lee Valley does not advertise here. Robin participates and is welcome,
but does not come to hawk his wares.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Cool Woodworking July 9th 05 09:32 AM

foggytown wrote:
Covey wrote:
We've just taken some time at this cafepress thing to make some of the
popular sayings in woodworking available on things that can be worn or
used in order to promote woodworking in a unique way.

You mean popular sayings like, "Awww ****!" "OUCH!" "How the hell did
THAT happen?" "DAMMIT!" "Now where's that $*=A3@# pencil?"

FoggyTown

LOL, I'm new to woodworking, well, not really, let's say I'm getting
reaquainted after an absence of many years, and these are cracking me
up. I think I will be getting a couple of the "Hold My Wood, Baby"
boxers for my boyfriend, and if some of these other suggestions make it
to designs, I'll be looking at getting a few of those as well.

Nice idea!

Larry Jaques July 9th 05 11:48 AM

On 9 Jul 2005 00:32:30 -0700, the opaque "Cool Woodworking"
clearly wrote:

LOL, I'm new to woodworking, well, not really, let's say I'm getting
reaquainted after an absence of many years, and these are cracking me
up. I think I will be getting a couple of the "Hold My Wood, Baby"
boxers for my boyfriend, and if some of these other suggestions make it
to designs, I'll be looking at getting a few of those as well.

Two signs I have are "Sacrificial Maidens Wanted. Apply Within." and
"Loose Women Tightened Here". Oh, woodworking signs. I have "Measure
Once, Cut Twice".

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

John B July 9th 05 11:50 AM

Covey wrote:
We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on
stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..

Also affiliated with Rockler.com.

Is it okay to post a link to the shop?

"It's Ok, It's only short at one end"
John

Tim Douglass July 9th 05 10:54 PM

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 02:48:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Two signs I have are "Sacrificial Maidens Wanted. Apply Within." and
"Loose Women Tightened Here". Oh, woodworking signs. I have "Measure
Once, Cut Twice".

I favor "I've cut it off twice and it's *still* too short!"