DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Veneer 3/8" radius w/ paper-backed ash? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/111527-veneer-3-8%22-radius-w-paper-backed-ash.html)

[email protected] July 4th 05 06:17 PM

Veneer 3/8" radius w/ paper-backed ash?

Is this possible bending with the grain? Any tips? I've veneered flat
surfaces in the past using contact cement (EvoStick -- the stuff with
the lovely fumes) with some success but wonder if I need to steam it or
whether this would play havoc with the paper backing?

Thanks,

Thomas Hood

dadiOH July 5th 05 02:08 PM

wrote:
Is this possible bending with the grain? Any tips? I've veneered flat
surfaces in the past using contact cement (EvoStick -- the stuff with
the lovely fumes) with some success but wonder if I need to steam it
or whether this would play havoc with the paper backing?

Never done it but sounds doable. Especially if you dampen the wood.
Especially especially if you dampen with a glycerin solution.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at